Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2006, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Worst Gambling loss against the spread in your life.

Chris Duhon's meaningless banked 3 against UConn 2004

Article

And Matt Bryant's 62 yard field goal which you all probably know of.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris Duhon's meaningless banked 3 against UConn 2004

[/ QUOTE ]

this reminds me: I lost a game on UConn vs. UMass last season. Same type of thing. The spread was in the 15-18ish range and UConn had it plus free throws to seal it. With the game never in doubt, the UConn shooter missed both, UMass came down and the kid banked in a 3-pointer from just inside half court as time expired and UConn failed to cover. Anyone else lose money on that one?
Old 10-26-2006, 02:58 AM

not exactly vs the spread, but i had 1k on the tigers at 30-1 to win the al central this year. never hedged and watched them lose their last five including the sweep at home vs the royals to lose the division by a game.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone remember exactly what year this was and confirm this? I've been wondering if anything like this has ever happened in college football. I call this my "Overtime Scenario".

[/ QUOTE ]

It was this game. Jake the Snake. What made it even crazier is that it couldn't have happened in the first overtime possession. It had to go to double OT.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:33 AM

i believe it was a year or two...had a 12 team parlay with multiple dog moneylines...n i had TB+6.5 n they lost by 7 when tim brown dropped/fumbled a pass at the 15 with like 10-20 seconds left
was a $2 parlay to win like 60,000
Old 10-26-2006, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another game the first year of the year college OT system involving some PAC 10 team. The dog was something like +9.5 or +11. The favored team got the ball first and scored. The dog gets the ball, throws an interception which is returned by the defense for a TD, an the favorite wins by 13 in overtime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to post this one. It was UCLA vs. somebody and boy did that suck!

On the flip side I had Penn St vs BYU in the Holiday Bowl years ago. Lions comfortably ahead when BYU scores with seconds to play for the back door cover by 1 point. Except Penn St blocks the extra point attempt and runs it back for 2 points and all is right with the world again. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone remember exactly what year this was and confirm this? I've been wondering if anything like this has ever happened in college football. I call this my "Overtime Scenario".

[/ QUOTE ]

It happened one game where Jake Plummer was at ASU
Old 10-26-2006, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can’t even remember the circumstances now but the most emotional loss I ever experienced involved a home run where the batter never touched the plate.
I don’t remember if I had the over or the home team -1.5 or what the deal was but I remember I had a bunch of money on the game and pulled off a miracle win when a home run was hit and then the guy never touched home so they took a point off the score.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the other side of that -- I had the under! It was the New York Mets a few years ago! I won my wager by 1/2 a run when the guy who hit the walk-off home run either stopped running the bases or missed home plate. He didn't care because the runner(s) he drove in won the game and his run didn't matter. I live in NYC and I was the only guy in the whole bar pissed off when the guy hit the home run, until a few minutes later when I realized what happened and what the final score was. Then everyone in the bar was happy!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:57 AM

Here's one that I'm surprised hasn't been posted here yet. I didn't lose it but my brother did, so I felt the pain. In whatever bowl game UCLA (vs. NW I think) played in last year, some dude ran back (for touchdowns) TWO ONSIDE KICKS in the last couple of minutes -- the second one causing either the game either to go over, or for one side to cover. My brother had hit 3/4 or 4/5 of a parlay, and just needed that one to complete. Ouch!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:39 AM

Yeah, it all evens out after enough time, I lost the most on Duhon but won on the Music City Miracle, that NW game, and Bryant's FG for the Over.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had the other side of that -- I had the under! It was the New York Mets a few years ago! I won my wager by 1/2 a run when the guy who hit the walk-off home run either stopped running the bases or missed home plate. He didn't care because the runner(s) he drove in won the game and his run didn't matter. I live in NYC and I was the only guy in the whole bar pissed off when the guy hit the home run, until a few minutes later when I realized what happened and what the final score was. Then everyone in the bar was happy!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Robin Ventura and he didn't stop running, he was mobbed by his teammates before he reached 2nd base. He wanted to touch home too, if you ever see the tape he tried waving them away.