Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Absolute\'s Response

[ QUOTE ]
It's a known fact that AP pulls more rake from the smaller limit pots, so I always thought the generous reload bonuses came from that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought that too. It is at least time to make the rake industry standard at limit.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that it would be good if all of the sites came in here and discussed issues openly with us, but none of them do.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not entirely accurate... some of the sites do regular support threads in the Zoo...

I do agree, that more should do the same.

Also, asking an affiliate manager to come in here and discuss the inner workings of the affiliate program, would likely fall into the "it's complicated" category (inside joke for Degen's benefit)
Old 02-19-2007, 08:20 PM

Well I told their VIP guy on the phone already what I think, but here goes again .

I was very happy at absolute for over a year but since they have changed one of the best rakeback deals to one of the worst I wont play on the site again till they reconsider.

It was bad enough in December when they changed bonus t and c but the rake back change was the end of the road. AP has little else to offer apart from this the software is average and the games are full of short stacks ( a very bad thing).

If AP change back I'll move back if they don't I wont. Period.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:10 AM

I love all the complaining from people in here

has anyone actually went through their PT and saw the rakeback equivalent they got back in bonuses/RB/other prior to the bonus switch/contributed switch? I'd bet it was close to, if not over, 100%

how are you supposed to run a business like that?

I would also wager that, even with all these changes, absolute gives back more relative to the rake paid than nearly every other room
Old 02-20-2007, 01:15 AM

the problem that absolute is having stems from the fact that they've given these massive incentives for the longest time (which no other site even came close to) and now the people who have had them feel shafted

it also means that absolute will lose the "edge" they had with these players relative to other sites - their software is terrible, players are rocks - no one will choose to play there. I definitely won't
Old 02-20-2007, 01:45 AM

Since this is the official bitching thread, I too have stopped playing at AP in the new year. I also feel that some kind of compromise in the bonus terms would get me to go back. At 1/2 six max they make about 7 bucks per player on rake, and right now their bonus, rakeback and ARP points work out to something like 3 bucks an hour tops. Obviously there are much better places to play (WPEX for instance is 100% RB).
Old 02-20-2007, 10:32 AM

my 5k-6k mgr has moved on for now...we'll see if they change back. They rake so much of the small pots and the games are usually tighter so if your playing 2/4-5/10 they start raking pots before it hits $20....this is not the industry standard. I also did not like how they handled the bonus change. They sent no email notification and did not pro-rate existing bonus $. FT / Stars and WSEX is where I'm playing now.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:02 AM

I heard from an AP player that their MGR increased recently. Mine hasn't been updated since the 18th...but this player says his went form $650 to $1300 overnight? Could AP have had a change of heart possibly? Anyone have any news on this?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:30 PM

Well it seems like the affiliate screwed up. They revised the numbers again this morning and my MGR has reverted back down to the original figure. I sent them an email, and they wrote back saying there was an error. So AP's MGR numbers still suck.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:35 PM

Yeah, mine were just updated as well...still suck. Too bad, thought we were gonna have something good to write about AP finally.