Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Poker in Florida

The poker in Florida is great. I am visiting and took my first trip to the Hard Rock in Tampa and won $1000 in 1 day..My sister never played before so I told her sit to my right and fold all hands preflop except AA KK QQ or AK and push all in with these...Finally after an hour of play she pushed with AA and was called by AK and Doubled up. I am now teaching her to play the right way so watch out for her.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The poker in Florida is great. I am visiting and took my first trip to the Hard Rock in Tampa and won $1000 in 1 day..My sister never played before so I told her sit to my right and fold all hands preflop except AA KK QQ or AK and push all in with these...Finally after an hour of play she pushed with AA and was called by AK and Doubled up. I am now teaching her to play the right way so watch out for her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why read poker books when this is all there is to the game to make profits(in Florida).......... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just got back from Florida and played 1/2 NL at the Hard Rock in Tampa. I have never seen such loose play in my life. I played as tight as humanly possible and these players just couldn't get it that when I was playing, I had something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't it great? I have run into good players, though, and have bluffed some pots away from them. The loose players will pay you off, and the "good" players will respect your tight image and fold the better hand. All you have to do is pass on the smaller edges and not get sucked out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, those good players I was talking about last night? Found them -- they were all on my table. Championship Hold'Em.