3. lost
4. lost
Old 03-08-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Which ones did I win? 4 x $400NL hands

Won 1-2
Lost 3-4
Old 03-08-2007, 03:59 PM

hand 1- You won. I think you have to call river here. He may have KT/10-10/22, but most of the time i think he's jsut floating you with a PP or busted draw. I dont think he bets THAT much on the river with just AK/KQ/KJ, most players will probably throw out a smaller VB if not check behind.

against a tough reg, i really like your line. and i wouldnt play it any differently.

hand 2-You lost. Not all players will RR you with AQ or AK here. But I still dont think that's his most likely holding. I think we see A10 and 44 are his most likely hands, maybe even A2. I dont think weaker aces ever make that move either, so you're either up against complete air or a made hand. I fold the river.
against an unknown who plays "pretty standard stuff", I'm really inclined to fold this river. I would have no reason to think im good.

I'd like to know what people think about block betting the river. If he raises we can confidently throw our hand away, esp if he's isnt creative. I also think AQ and AK just call, who knows? maybe even A4 just calls too.

hand 3-You lost, probably. Other people summed up my reasoning on this one so i dont need to go there.

would play it the same- yada yada yada...

hand 4- You lost. I think we see a flush/AJ/A9 a lot here, maybe even AQ or AK (considering that his stats suggest he isnt that aggro). it looks like he doesnt know how to get the most value from his strong hands.

besides folding the river, i dont see how else you play this hand. Folding on the turn is too weak, IMO.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:09 PM

Playing right now so no explanation, but:

won 1, 4.

lost 2,3.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:19 PM

I would bet money on the fact that you lost hand number 2 because his bet size there is almost never a bluff.

Also I thik you won number 1.
Hand 3 is lost board scares off and he doesnt stop from shoving. Just seems like his line represents something monster on the river. Or a percieved monster ie he might have AK if hes bad.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:29 PM

Hand 1: Since this is a blind vs. blind battle, we need to expand his range a little. I do agree most good K's (KJ+) don't take this line. Just wondering if he is capable of betting turn to set up river bluff if he misses his draw. If not (as many aren't looking that far in advance in the heat of the moment) it would seem that any draws default line on the turn is to check behind. Because he didn't it looks more like KT,K9s. I'll go with you lost.

Hand 2: Your line reeks of A-big here with your turn play. And with no 3bet preflop a bigger A becomes less likely. The fact that he still fires a river bet knowing this (and even slightly overbets pot) makes me think he is max valuing your ass. Wouldn't be suprised if you ran into a set of 44's here or AT. You Lose.

Hand 3: Easy Win. His flop play tells me he either has an Ax or a draw on flop. TJ is the only draw and with 2 flush possibilities + the fact that you are showing interest in this pot makes it very unlikely he is slowplaying his straight come turn. River doen't change anything in those regards. He will turn up a poorly played AK or KQh here for 2pair. remember, he's a monkey who overvalues hands. You a weiner.

Hand 4: Your open from the button and subsequent c-bet can mean anything to him. So as far as he's concerned you may be FOS come turn. When you just call his turn bet, you could easily be calling with KK/QQ (with the spade) or floating with the lone Ks. His river bet looks like a monkey block bet with a hand like A8,A7,A6. A flush makes it more on river. You a weiner.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:52 PM

1 - hard to say without knowing your history. if he floats a lot and is v aggro in position i think it's fine. also seems unlikely he is betting so much with a king, and unlikely that he slowplayed a big hand on the flop. i think u won this one.

2 - dump the river vs. most. i think u lost this one.

3 - even vs. a fish i think he has clubs a lot. not sure if i could fold vs. such a donk but meh. i think u lost this one.

4 - totally standard hand imo. i think u either won or chopped.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:57 PM

Hand 1: I like to bet the turn here a lot and then check call if the river blanks. A turn bet will get most Kx hands to check behind on the river so the only hands betting are 2pair/set (which raise on the flop/turn) and busted draws. I'd say you probably won this one but it's close.

Hand 2: I hate this a lot, and the river call is pretty bad regardless of results. He could be floating with a gutshot, total air, etc, but he'll give up on the river if this is the case the vast majority of the time. I'm going to say you lost this one.

Hand 3: I'd play this the same but it's very easy for villain to have made broadway or some wierd backdoor flush. The problem is you're getting great odds and he could have AK/AQ pretty easily or a desperate bluff attempt. I'm going to say you won this one, but I think you're behind here a lot as well.

Hand 4: I'd probably play this the same, the river is probably a fold though since you're likely splitting at best and he could have two pair / flush often. So I think you lost this, and if you didn't it was a split.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:00 PM

grunching

Hand 1: I think you need more of a read to take this line. On the flop I think his range is pretty wide. A bunch of various kings, Tens, flush draws, QJ and baby pairs. I don't think the turn action narrows his range much, but I like the check/call if he's capable of shoving or raising a draw there. The river does narrow his range, IMO. I think only a few TAGs will fire again with a worse hand there. So I probably check/fold, as much as I hate doing that. I think you lost.

Hand 2: This could be any pair. Flop and turn seem standard. The size of his river bet is suspicious. I don't think he wants a call, so I'd call.

Hand 3: I'm never folding the river against the player you described. Nice hand. Not sure why you'd post this one. Making a heroic fold on the river is a rly bad idea against this guy IMO.

Hand 4: Love it, play it the same way. Too bad it looks like you're chopping with A2.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:36 PM

1. Lost - There aren't really that many draws there. You basically only beat a bluff. His bet sizing seems like its for value.
2. Lost - I think he has a set of 4's and is trying you get value out of your probably A after his strong turn bet.
3. Won - His push on the river, rather than just betting 350 seems more like a bluff to me.
4. Lost - I think I make this call too but it feels like a wacky two pair to me.