Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Who Needs Laid? (longest hookup drought)

I'm pretty terrible at searching out women. I always let them kinda fall into my lap, so I'm at the mercy of tons of other factors.

That being said, I'm not on an absolute awful drought. Last got laid in early May, or somewhere around there. Hoping to get off of this streak pretty soon, but with the way I operate, it could be a week or could be three years.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:00 AM

I'm with the people who have no interest in impersonal sex.

I'm with the people who aren't troubled by going extended periods of time without sex.

But I'm also with the people who are saying any one of you could get laid today if you just went up to 10 different woman and said "Hi".
Old 08-11-2007, 02:15 AM

How high's the water momma?
5 feet high and rising.
How high's the water poppa?
She said it's 5 feet high and rising.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty terrible at searching out women. I always let them kinda fall into my lap, so I'm at the mercy of tons of other factors.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what is responsible for the droughts more than any other thing, imo.

It's very exciting to have a female show interest, to have it slowly develop into something, and to have it consumated.

But you "nice guys" are actually being completely selfish and ungiving, despite the fact that you think you're gentlemen. You've given no idea to what *she* might find exciting.

Put yourself in her shoes: How excited would you be after taking interest in a guy only to find out he wouldn't initiate anything, but left everything to you? How exciting is that? You're playing it safe at her expense and that's unfair.

She wants to be pursued, to be romanced, to be enticed just as a guy wants certain responses from her. But the guy should be intiating in the first instance. That puts her in the catbird's seat and that unnerves a lot of men.

Get over the fear of rejection. Take a chance. What's the worse that could happen? She says no? Move on.

Truth is women are not heartless and cruel. In most cases they are unfailing sparing of the feelings of others. They know you're making yourselves vulnerable and aren't going to skewer you through the gut for simply trying to tell them you find them attractive.

You'll learn to take hints and handle these situations with grace. And on more than the odd occassion you'll find she's more than a bit curious about you.

How cold and unsparing would you be if a woman who really didn't appeal to you began paying you compliments and confessing certain feelings she had towards you? It might be awkward but you wouldn't hold this woman is disrepute. Neither will they.

Once you realize you really aren't exposing yourselves to any risk at all you'll start taking some shots and start connecting.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:32 AM

Very true. It isn't that I don't pursue women when I'm actually around them, I just need to put myself in more situations where there are single women around that I'm interested in. I let those types of situations come to me -- which doesn't happen all that often. When I'm in those situations, I usually do okay...
Old 08-11-2007, 11:22 AM

Back when I was a serious maintenance junkie, I went almost three years, and didn't even care.

Now if I go three hours, I'm renting The Birdcage and making horrible homophobic jokes.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how often are you in social situations where there are girls involved?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you change this to single women it's close to never unless you count random strangers at bars.

[/ QUOTE ]

by non-single women do you mean like girlfriends of your friends?

if this is the case, if you know the girl well enough, politely suggest she have some of her single friends start tagging along when you and her bf and her and whoever else are meeting up, if you dont know her well enough to feel comfortable with that then just talk to your friend (her boyfriend) and see if he will talk to her about it. in my experience girls who are in relationships love trying to hook other girls up with their boyfriends' friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

soiler,

get fluffpop to hook me up with her friends plz.

- the cutest 2p2er you've met (soiler's words, not mine)
Old 08-11-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how often are you in social situations where there are girls involved?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you change this to single women it's close to never unless you count random strangers at bars.

[/ QUOTE ]

by non-single women do you mean like girlfriends of your friends?

if this is the case, if you know the girl well enough, politely suggest she have some of her single friends start tagging along when you and her bf and her and whoever else are meeting up, if you dont know her well enough to feel comfortable with that then just talk to your friend (her boyfriend) and see if he will talk to her about it. in my experience girls who are in relationships love trying to hook other girls up with their boyfriends' friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

soiler,

get fluffpop to hook me up with her friends plz.

- the cutest 2p2er you've met (soiler's words, not mine)

[/ QUOTE ]

come visit me and jrockets in SD and ill do my best!
Old 08-11-2007, 09:48 PM

you're putting the pussy on a pedestal
Old 08-11-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
32 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow hang on. How come no one jumped on this yet? Gis that's terrible, what's your story?