Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Complaint: modding in Politics

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol, ok.

My personal list in descending order of preference. There's a couple of others, but I know they don't want to do it:

Xorbie
BCPVP
Wacki
*RR*
AlexM
Borodog

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been very busy so I have not posted in a while. My $.02 less taxes and adjusted for inflation is this....

I think the ACer's should have their own little corner of the 2p2 universe where they can discuss AC to their hearts content without cluttering up the politics forum trying to turn every thread to the discussion of AC. I would also like to see an economics only forum. Politics should be limited to discussions of present events and perhaps political theory which is relevent. This is not as easily done as said, however, because so many things overlap into politics. That is prolly why it is such a chore to Mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ultimate statist philosophy:

YOU SHUT UP AND PAY YOUR GODDAMN TAXES
Old 03-08-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the ACer's should have their own little corner of the 2p2 universe where they can discuss AC to their hearts content without cluttering up the politics forum trying to turn every thread to the discussion of AC.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that since questions about the state are involved in almost everything political and economic, so is anarchy by implication. Having an ACland forum wouldn't be enough. There would also have to be an explicit no-AC rule everywhere else to keep them confined to their own area, and that isn't likely to happen. (Nor should it, imo.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you and what did you do with Skidoo?????
Old 03-08-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: No shooters

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you can't find the time, don't take the green sign.

[/ QUOTE ]

So... you're saying that no one should mod this forum... The only way to get the kind of modding you seem to want would be if it was a paid job instead of volunteer work.

[/ QUOTE ]At the online forums I've modded in the past, it was taken for granted that the mod would spend enough time every day monitoring his domain and getting to read almost every post that was put up. There was never any question of "not enough time" (so don't get the gig then, it's voluntary work) and no question of ..getting paid.

The satisfaction of a job well done and helping out was enough.

I guess some people are just lazy - or don't realize what real modding is. "Banning posters first and asking questions later" sure ain't it.

Mickey Brausch

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job being a mod of smaller forums in the past. Sadly, that doesn't work with larger forums.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ultimate statist philosophy:

YOU SHUT UP AND PAY YOUR GODDAMN TAXES

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care what anyone says. Ain't no way Nielsio's a troll.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: No shooters

[ QUOTE ]
Good job being a mod of smaller forums in the past. Sadly, that doesn't work with larger forums.

[/ QUOTE ] One of them was a free forum, on the most popular Blackjack website, attracting much more (way much more) posts than the Politics forum on its good days. Every prospective moderator was known to already been spending enough time in the forum.

If you have a life, you don't have the time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mickey Brausch

*****Edit Jman220: I've gone ahead and locked this thread, it has been exhausted, and addressed by the addition of new mods. Any further discussion regarding modding in politics should either go in About the Forums, or in the "Hi" thread started by Censored.
Closed Thread