Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Who Needs Laid? (longest hookup drought)

how many of you really social/get laid 5x/week guys have full time (non poker) jobs?

a big problem for me is that i work 10 hr/day and often don't get home until 8-10pm...doesn't leave much time for socializing...
Old 07-11-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how many of you really social/get laid 5x/week guys have full time (non poker) jobs?

a big problem for me is that i work 10 hr/day and often don't get home until 8-10pm...doesn't leave much time for socializing...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a tough position, a lot of my friends who work 60 hours a week usually meet me for a drinks/dinner when they get off, so at least they are out there talking to people, then on the weekends they get laid. It gets tough to balance things when long hours come into play.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:56 PM

All you guys who are too shy, awkward, socially uncomfortable - you can't just sit there. I was exactly the same way through my teens and early 20's, and then I forced myself into a position where I would have to do a lot of public speaking, even though I was deathly afraid of it. Then I took up running, and, geez, before I knew it, I was a killer. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] You just have to get off the couch, and then it snowballs.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All you guys who are too shy, awkward, socially uncomfortable - you can't just sit there. I was exactly the same way through my teens and early 20's, and then I forced myself into a position where I would have to do a lot of public speaking, even though I was deathly afraid of it. Then I took up running, and, geez, before I knew it, I was a killer. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] You just have to get off the couch, and then it snowballs.

[/ QUOTE ]

SonofDjugashvili,

Everyone on this forum is going to be like...WTF then I took up running, wtf does that have to do with anything.....unless they completely understand what you are saying.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cardo,

I can promise you that none of these girls even remotely think I am their "boyfriend." I don't even talk to these girls on the phone ever. We MIGHT exchange a few texts every couple days or somethin, but no chance they think we are dating. The reason for this is I avoid the clingy, retarded ones.

I too am looking for what you are looking for, but I would rather get coochie while I am looking than beat it all the time. No offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lemme axe you this.

How many of THOSE girls are juggling three other guys in addition to you? Any of them? Or are you the only guy they're sexing? Would you care if you weren't?

I've always wondered where all the otherwise-normal seeming girls who weren't getting laid and were unhappy about it were. Perhaps there are none. Perhaps the above accounts for the gap.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:11 PM

re: busy guys, happy by themselves guys

Go to cool places for lunch or whatever then, company softball teams, go out on weekends, etc. I understand people get busy, but I'm really just not sure it's good for people to be locked away all the time.

I mean, you come on 2p2 to talk to people, so I can't fully believe you don't want interaction. A few positive social experiences will make everything seem less daunting.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:44 PM

Cardo,

No idea. I wouldn't really care at all. 3 years ago I would have totally cared and been disgusted to know. Now not so much. I am safe and don't have feelings for them. Now I would rather not know they were banging a dude the day before, but what I don't know won't hurt me I guess! hahaha

There are not many girls who are halfway decent looking that are not getting laid.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:58 AM

All,

From what I've skimmed guids has given a lot of good advice, but it's easy for him cuz he knows if he doesn't have his "A" game he can always bring his own personal Mariano Rivera of Getting Laid out of the bullpen:

Old 07-12-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap Excuse... go out after work, approach women, get shot down, repeat until bar closes or hook up.

Just as animals can smell fear.... women can smell desperate men. Instead of attacking as animals do, women run from desperation. They figure if no other sloot will do ya, there is something wrong.

You must end the dryspell with anything that will drop her panties for you. The desperation will no longer be seeping from your pores. Then and only then do you have a shot at anything half way decent.

After shedding the scent of desperation... you must be confident. If you are not confident than fake it. This is a group of poker players here is it not. Bluff your confidence if need be, but for f's sake do not be meek. I am not saying to act like an arrogant a-ho, but be afraid of no woman. I would even recommend approching women out of your league if you can really pull off the confidence thing. (how many times have you seen a 9 or 10 F with a 6 or 7 M?) He had the balls to approach her... all she can do is say no thanks.

I am older and wiser than most of you... these are pearls of wisdom for the lonely wackers out there. I too, used to be shy around women... if I only knew then what I am spilling to you now.

For the record... I have been married almost 8 years to a woman who, when at a playboy party with 12 former playmates of the month, was the 2nd or 3rd best looking woman in the room.

I was so confident when I met her, that she asked me to ask her out.

Happy Hunting

Any females OOTers out there care to chime in on the confidence factor.... or admit that the female of the species can smell desperation in men? I know it to be true, but it seems a tightly held secret by the sisterhood.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:03 AM

this is a rather interesting thread, and I can't say I don't recognize alot of these thoughts and feelings people are having, although my situation is a little different(and could very well warrant a thread of its own, although I'm not going to do that) it's in a lot of ways similar. Basically, I already met "the girl of my dreams" years ago, and for reasons still not totally sure to me she's not in my life anymore. I realize I should just move on but it's a lot easier to just stay home and play wow/poker/read 2p2 all day. not that I don't meet chicks occassionally it's just that every time I do I push them away.