<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $24.10
<font color="green">BB: $26.20</font>
UTG: $29.10
MP: $29.50
<font color="green">CO: $10</font>
<font color="green">Hero (BTN): $41.50</font>

CO posts $0.25
<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.35, 6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.50</font>, Hero calls $0.50, SB folds, BB calls $0.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.60, 3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BB calls $1.75, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $9.50</font>, Hero calls $7.75, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $25.70</font>, Hero calls $16.20

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($62.50, 3 Players - 2 All-In)
No Action

<font color="black">River:</font> 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($62.50, 3 Players - 2 All-In)
No Action

BB had 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight, Seven high) and won (+$33.30)
CO had Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and lost (-$10.25)
Hero had 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Fours) and lost (-$26.20)

Pot Size: $62.50 ($3 Rake)
Old 03-30-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew Thread: March(LC/NC goes here)**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Odds of me flopping a set &lt;Odds of me getting pregnant

[/ QUOTE ]

sooooooooooo...youre saying theres a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

dumb and dumber quote?!?!?!? so awsome. fav movie by far. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I always play a 1 hour session before I go to work, now I overslept and now am gonna be late to work

Hi, Im VPIP100, and Im an addict.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2007, 10:21 AM

lol @ kaz
Old 03-30-2007, 10:34 AM

I don't know if it's just me, the weather, or the green wobbly little jellyfish I've seen in a fish tank the other day, but I'm under the impression that there are incredible amounts of bad advice in the strat posts recently.

Not that I read all (or even a few) of them often (see above), but it seems as if in every one of them that I open up recently you'll find a vast array of horrible, horrible suggestions.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if it's just me, the weather, or the green wobbly little jellyfish I've seen in a fish tank the other day, but I'm under the impression that there are incredible amounts of bad advice in the strat posts recently.

Not that I read all (or even a few) of them often (see above), but it seems as if in every one of them that I open up recently you'll find a vast array of horrible, horrible suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was standard?
Old 03-30-2007, 11:21 AM

Since the people posting and the people playing are the same people it makes sense that the strategy advice is often not much better than the play.

I treat it as a discussion where different thoughts are offered and I ultimatively have to come to the correct conclusions myself.

It helps when veterans post and I'm grateful when they do. That said I have read crap advice from veterans occasionally, too.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I treat it as a discussion where different thoughts are offered and I ultimatively have to come to the correct conclusions myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is basically how you should always approach 2p2.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:39 AM

last 15K hands at 10NL on bodog (lol) = 12 PTBB/100

move to 25NL, first 1K hands = 40PTBB/100 (ridiculous heater, flopping straights vs 2 pair, hitting several sets vs TPTK, top 2 vs lower 2 pair, etc)

needless to say, bodog's games are a joke, because my stats are far from ideal. i run at about 21/9/1.8. i consider my PF game to be my biggest leak, as i know i'm not raising enough as evidenced by the discrepancy between my PFR% and VPIP. this discrepancy is there because i have a habit of cold-calling a raise in front of me with SC, PP, and A10s+, AJo+. Should I be re-raising to get that PFR% a little bit higher so I won't be exploitable at the bigger levels?

for you micro-stakes sharks out there, if you're at a passive table, how do you play KQo in the CO with 2 limpers? overlimp? raise? i usually limp in the CO and button with broadways (except for AK, AQ, i pop those up), SC and PP 22-66 if there are already a couple of limpers in front of me. i just don't feel comfortable playing big pots with mediocre holdings against several opponents.

so basically, at what point does overlimping and cold-calling become a serious leak in someone's game, and at what levels does it become extremely exploitable? can solid post-flop play make up for these leaks?
Old 03-30-2007, 11:40 AM

My learning curve at 10NL

Old 03-30-2007, 01:36 PM

[censored]. everytime I come close to the threshold I set myself to take a shot at the next limit I start running card dead and making absolute beginners' mistakes and tilt away a few buy ins. That sucks so bad. Especially because it happens within a tiny amount of hands. Like 300. Then I'm on tilt for a couple of days and can't play. I hate it. Thank god I won't have internet for a few weaks from sunday on.
Closed Thread