Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Attention whores who take advantage of horrible events (VT -relate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The people who disagree with AZK are misunderstanding his argument. There are people who genuinely care for those people I think facebook and AIM are horrible outlets for their emotions, but if that is how they choose to grieve so be it. What AZK is talking about are people who don't have any real emotional attachments, but join facebook groups change there AIM name as a way of saying "LOOK AT ME I CARE."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think many of the people who disagree with AZK understand fully what he's talking about. They're just being purposefully obtuse in order to express their indignation. This is bonus attention whoring at them. OOT is just another opportunity for them to show us how much more they care about the victims of VT than the rest of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you and pudge are misunderstanding his argument.

"I'll tell you exactly what it is. it's the fact that they put it on the [censored] internet. Ha, my blood just boiled as I typed that out. Same girl, if she put up a VT pic and msg in her profile, I'd say something to her too. The point is, she would never do that. It's totally fine for her to cry on my shoulder and give me a hug, for some reason I just feel differently about the internet. I think it's a total attention thing on the internet."

He's saying that if his friend, who genuinely cared for the victims, were to put anything up online about it she would be an attention whore because it's the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-20-2007, 05:13 PM

I got a myspace bulletin today about "Remember Virgina Tech 4-16-07" t-shirts. The website says its a $15 donation, but it really pissed me off that someone would do this for the sole purpose to bring customers to their website.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is human nature, it is kind of ridiculous to even mention baghdad, you think anyone in any other country gives it (vt) more than a blurb, or an article? no. People worry about stuff that directly affects them, the more it affects them, the more feelings they have.

[/ QUOTE ]

VT has been front page stuff here in Sweden for a couple of days now
Old 04-20-2007, 08:55 PM

haven't read anything besides the OP but for me, i have declined all the facebook groups/haven't changed my picture/etc. but it doesn't bother me enough to say anything about it or get pissed by it. the things that do piss me off a bit however, were reading some random girls away msg on my aim buddy list that said something along the lines of "THANK GOD CHO SUENG HUI IS DEAD, THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE" or "BURN IN HELL CHO SUENG" and just other ridiculous comments like that. something that truly pissed me off was those outside the u.s. who just go around saying "good job america, it's all your fault. you bullied him, you sold him guns, you didn't accept him as your friend its YOUR fault."
Old 04-20-2007, 09:10 PM

Anyone else at a big campus have stores selling shirts? I go to PSU and a few stores advertised in the paper that they have VTech shirts to wear to our BlueWhite game (spring scrimmage if no one is aware), but they didn't explicitly state that the profits will be donated. I would love to assume that they are, but I'd also think it would be stated in an ad like that, pretty sick to profit off this kind of thing if its the case
Old 04-20-2007, 09:27 PM

Where exactly would the donations go anyways? The only logical idea would be for the money to go to the families, but does anyone else think that this idea is pretty silly...I mean the last thing they are thinking about right now is "Oh we need some money." I'm sure they are getting TONS of support in other ways as well.