Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many poker books do you read every month?
books? what are those 21 25.93%
1-2 53 65.43%
3 or more 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: it\'s aaron w!!

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Neteller,

Teh Gibinator

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Teh Gibinator

Please explain. I have not been keeping up with Netller shananigans.

Regards

00Snitch
Old 07-16-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aussies,

Please explain!

I was at BevMo! and found Coopers (ldo), but the price tag was ZOMG 9.50 USD for 6 12 oz (355 mL) bottles. WTF? this was almost twice as much as a cheap US craft beer like Full Sail, or your king of beers lol Fosters. What gives?

Warmly,
Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

cos its exported from the other side of the world and they dont export as much of it as foster. plus fosters sucks and coopers does not. Im actually surprised it isnt more expensive. FWIW I normally pay between $35-$40AU for a carton of 24 from my local for the green label coopers (pale ale).

last week I walked into a bottleshop and they had Sam Adams (cant remember which one but it was the blueish/greyish label)...$80AU for a carton of 24. So I ask you, what gives?

in unrelated news, sharkscope says im "Hot" at donkaments

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, what am i missing? I am using this http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html to compare my price to your price for a case of Coopers. I don't see too much difference as far as import costs. If I buy 24 for $30, it costs you about $35, right?

But Sam Adams here is roughly the same price as Coopers, IIRC.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:54 PM

snitch, this is why:

GIB^
Old 07-16-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aussies,

Please explain!

I was at BevMo! and found Coopers (ldo), but the price tag was ZOMG 9.50 USD for 6 12 oz (355 mL) bottles. WTF? this was almost twice as much as a cheap US craft beer like Full Sail, or your king of beers lol Fosters. What gives?

Warmly,
Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

cos its exported from the other side of the world and they dont export as much of it as foster. plus fosters sucks and coopers does not. Im actually surprised it isnt more expensive. FWIW I normally pay between $35-$40AU for a carton of 24 from my local for the green label coopers (pale ale).

last week I walked into a bottleshop and they had Sam Adams (cant remember which one but it was the blueish/greyish label)...$80AU for a carton of 24. So I ask you, what gives?

in unrelated news, sharkscope says im "Hot" at donkaments

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, what am i missing? I am using this http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html to compare my price to your price for a case of Coopers. I don't see too much difference as far as import costs. If I buy 24 for $30, it costs you about $35, right?

But Sam Adams here is roughly the same price as Coopers, IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

9.5*4=38 so its costing you $38US not $30 but anyways its not a big difference. I remember when in florida that I could buy a certain bottle of redwine (that I knew the price of in ozland) for about the same price as home.

IMHO we get way more screwed than you do when it comes to imported products.....I think a case/carton/24 of standard bud or mgb goes for something in the $65-$75 mark. LOLz. eg electrical stuff is also a rip here.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:13 PM

10/66 in $4.40 limit MTT... woo .. made it to 2nd break. 45 is cash.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:14 PM

lol <3

btw snitch no need to worry, neteller not up to much l8ly, & thats the problem they won't reply to emails or give ppls money back.

therefore: Enter teh Gibinator!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 11:33 PM

Old 07-17-2007, 12:08 AM

Yer cool, I only ever use neteller to transfer between sites, which now that I'm playing only on stars, I never have to do. Probably wouldn't affect me much if they fell off the earth.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why I have to keep repeating this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we don't know if that means:

1) it's too dense;
b) it has expanded your view of poker to such an extent that it's blown your mind;
iii) something else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Both. It's dense as a brick, and while I don't know why they included the entire PokerTracker stats for every hand in every steal/defense situation from three different players (seriously, there has to be 25 pages of that [censored]), someday I'll be bored and dorky enough to analyze it myself.

As for the expanding my knowledge bit, it's done that too. Most of my winrate in the 5/10+ shots I take and virtually all of my 6-max career has been through superior seat selection and just killing the fish and the superduperLAGs on my immediate right, but it's the 30/20-40/30 LAGTAGs/SLAGs/whatever-you-wanna-call-them who sit two to my right or on my immediate left who've been eating me alive in steal/defense situations. I'm learning now why some of the lines I've used have been right, and why some have been horribly horribly wrong, and why sometimes I've used a good line in a bad situation and [censored] up the works. But stox and zo pack so much in that I'm going to have to read it four or five times before I can feel like I've really got my brain wrapped around it.

Edit: Also, the section on K2o vs. Q7o is so elementary that I'm ashamed of myself for not having come to that conclusion on my own. All this time, I'd been playing more hands like K2o (though usually better than specifically K2o) and folding more hands like Q7o (though usually worse than specifically Q7o) based solely on hot-and-cold equity versus A2C. So for the section thus far that's blown my mind in the same way that SSHE did in the reorienting of my poker brain based on things I should have picked up on intuitively instead of letting cognitive dissonance rule my thoughts, that'd be it.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10/66 in $4.40 limit MTT... woo .. made it to 2nd break. 45 is cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

4th place for $111.60, woo....
Closed Thread