Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2006, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Oh boy!!, ATo raise

This would have been a decent playalong hand; PF flop and river are all instructive.

NH by the way.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This would have been a decent playalong hand; PF flop and river are all instructive.

NH by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed on all counts.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:23 PM

I like the raise. Two random hands, only a button and 2 more random hands behind? ATo looks pretty good!

I would flat-call the flop raise, planning on raising the turn if I like it (club, A, another T), and folding to a bet if it's something I hate (like K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something).

<font color="purple">My thinking: I have no idea why he's raising here. Made the straight, flopped a set? Thinks I'm trying to steal his post? Raising a draw? I like my hand enough to stay in, take the chance he's got something like KT or a draw. Fat pot, too. Besides, I've taken to flat-calling stuff like that on a draw-heavy board, plannin on popping the turn. Making opponent's mistakes bigger by keeping the pot smaller on the flop, yada yada. </font>

Turn: Yeah, I like it.

River: Call me a sucker. I bet, fold to a raise. <font color="purple"> Here's what I'm thinking: Seems a flush draw is likely, given that he called a lot of raising. Still, two pair might be in there too, maybe even something like KT or A6, even AK. I am not a value-betting pro. By any means. Still, I do it here. If a lesser hand will call me, and I can safely fold to a c/r, then it looks +EV to me.</font>
Old 04-07-2006, 02:38 PM

I like this whole hand, and would play it the same.

[ QUOTE ]
Raising this may have been a little out of line with 2 posters behind me, but I was feeling frisky.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the 2 posters strengthen the case for a pfr. You are getting better odds against 2 random hands that aren't good enough to open-raise themselves. I like it.

Flop and turn are standard raises for value.

[ QUOTE ]
I suck at value betting, but I was all over this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Admittedly, in the past week, I've missed more river value bets than there were weak-tight micro posts, but I'm with you on this one. If SB raises, then his line looks a lot like a made flush, but you have to call in this big pot. Hopefully, he's "unpredictable" 1 in 19 times. Otherwise, ship it. NH.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:00 PM

Wow. I totally missed how big that pot is 'til I read through that last post. *blinks* I have to rethink my river play.

Seeing as I'd have to call a c/r, hardly ever see people c/r on the river as a bluff...

How often does he have to call with a lesser hand to make up for the times I pay two bets? He's called this far; given that the pot is ginormous, I expect he'll call a river bet with anything. Should cover the times I have to pay off two. *nods* I have to say if the pot weren't so big I'd fold to a c/r on the river there.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:01 PM

I play it the same. I'm not sure how you expect us to predict SB here since he's a loose player. You could have slowed down 2-pair or top pair. He could have a flush and a pair, or a straight and a pair, or a busted straight and a pair, etc...
Old 04-07-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I totally missed how big that pot is 'til I read through that last post. *blinks* I have to rethink my river play.

Seeing as I'd have to call a c/r, hardly ever see people c/r on the river as a bluff...

How often does he have to call with a lesser hand to make up for the times I pay two bets? He's called this far; given that the pot is ginormous, I expect he'll call a river bet with anything. Should cover the times I have to pay off two. *nods* I have to say if the pot weren't so big I'd fold to a c/r on the river there.

[/ QUOTE ]

imho, one of the biggest reasons we'd need to call a river checkraise from this player is not because he could be bluffing but because he could have made a worse 2 pair on the river.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imho, one of the biggest reasons we'd need to call a river checkraise from this player is not because he could be bluffing but because he could have made a worse 2 pair on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed - hero would really like to see a worse 2 pair on the river. But, I struggled thinking of a worse 2 pair hand which villain takes the line that he did... so I just reasoned that as "unpredictable."
Old 04-07-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed - hero would really like to see a worse 2 pair on the river. But, I struggled thinking of a worse 2 pair hand which villain takes the line that he did... so I just reasoned that as "unpredictable."

[/ QUOTE ]

JT, J9
Old 04-07-2006, 04:51 PM

grunch:

I play every street the same way. I'm calling SB raise even though he made his flush. The pot is too big to fold for one bet.

Brian