Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Legal DC Poker Room or scam? thecapitolroom.com

[ QUOTE ]
Memberships start at $2500, BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Entry to the WSOP satellite is free and according to an email forwarded to me that originated from findpokerpal.com, the first 200 players in the tourney get a free 6 month membership. (The tourney is for 400 players total.)

Again, I'm not trying to promote this and really doubt it is legit. Just throwing it out there to see what is known about it.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Memberships start at $2500, BTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Entry to the WSOP satellite is free and according to an email forwarded to me that originated from findpokerpal.com, the first 200 players in the tourney get a free 6 month membership. (The tourney is for 400 players total.)

Again, I'm not trying to promote this and really doubt it is legit. Just throwing it out there to see what is known about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

200 players pay 2500 to enter = 500K for a 10 grand seat. Poker room is out of business the next day. Profit = 490K.

That would be a nice scam.

Greg
Old 03-30-2006, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

200 players pay 2500 to enter = 500K for a 10 grand seat. Poker room is out of business the next day. Profit = 500K.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-30-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

200 players pay 2500 to enter = 500K for a 10 grand seat. Poker room is out of business the next day. Profit = 500K.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

guys, playing in the WSOP tourney is free.

I also got that email. No way I can swing $2500 (where did you get this number btw?) but maybe i will give the tourney a shot
Old 03-30-2006, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also got that email. No way I can swing $2500 (where did you get this number btw?) but maybe i will give the tourney a shot

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it free? or is it free to members (who have paid $2,500)?
Old 03-30-2006, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The $2500 is on the website...click on the link to apply for a membership. It's a choice between two levels: $2500 or $5000.

BTW, the site also says membership is "invitation only", so I don't know if you can just pay and get in. I don't see anywhere on the website where they even list where the room is. Who is going to pay this sort of money without ever even seeing the room?
Old 03-30-2006, 07:35 PM

You can sign up to play the tournament without paying for memebership. I just did and was given a link to choose the date/time within minutes:

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations! You have been accepted as a member of the World Series of Poker Invitational Tournament.

Please click the following link to pick the game time and date you would like to attend. Please note: Seating is on a first come first serve basis, so you will need to act promptly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-30-2006, 10:58 PM

I mean, do I have 2500 bucks? Yes. But, I think I'll see how this pans out before committing that kinda money. If it's on decent legal grounds, and will attract a bunch of rich people to play high limit games in a nice setting, it could be worthwhile. Obviously remains to be seen, and I'm doubting it will go anywhere. But if it does...

Jeff
Old 03-31-2006, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can sign up to play the tournament without paying for memebership. I just did and was given a link to choose the date/time within minutes:

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations! You have been accepted as a member of the World Series of Poker Invitational Tournament.

Please click the following link to pick the game time and date you would like to attend. Please note: Seating is on a first come first serve basis, so you will need to act promptly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I signed up for the WSOP freeroll as well with no problems.

I was a little bit surprised b/c their website FAQ talks about only accepting members that have the financial means to play in their games, and as a student I have no such means. But I put down "student" as my occupation and selected the lowest income classification, and got accepted just the same. Maybe its different to actually become a member.

I'm playing on the last day (April 16th) FWIW. Still don't know where this place is. Apparently, I will find out 48-72 hours before the event.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:24 AM

This place looks like a poker version of a high class bordello..... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]