Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2006, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Well I quit... (Long, LC)

[ QUOTE ]

I make so many mistakes in my game recently, and I can see myself making them. For example the KK hand I posted recently. The obvious play is to fold on the turn, but of course I waste 2 more bets calling down, not because I'm tilting, but just because I'm bad. My preflop is bad, especially in shorthanded situations. I'm just awful in general. Not counting beginner tables, I haven't won in 4 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this happens all the time when running bad, so by making bad calldowns I think people start subtracting .5 or 1BB from what their winrate would be, in addition to any other poor play that occurs. When you start playing again I suggest that you:

1. Quit a session early if you get ahead just to get confidence. Since you've been running so bad you might play scared if you get up, and booking a win feels good.

2. Quit if you make more than 2 of the kind of mistakes like the calldown you mentioned above.

The list would be longer, but I'm tired.

Also, I didn't look at any stats aside from winrate on your AA, which seems to suggest you're not running too good, as it is winning less than 2bb now, when it used to average almost 3.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I make so many mistakes in my game recently, and I can see myself making them. For example the KK hand I posted recently. The obvious play is to fold on the turn, but of course I waste 2 more bets calling down, not because I'm tilting, but just because I'm bad. My preflop is bad, especially in shorthanded situations. I'm just awful in general. Not counting beginner tables, I haven't won in 4 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this happens all the time when running bad, so by making bad calldowns I think people start subtracting .5 or 1BB from what their winrate would be, in addition to any other poor play that occurs. When you start playing again I suggest that you:

1. Quit a session early if you get ahead just to get confidence. Since you've been running so bad you might play scared if you get up, and booking a win feels good.

2. Quit if you make more than 2 of the kind of mistakes like the calldown you mentioned above.

The list would be longer, but I'm tired.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had started one of my last 15 sessions in the + maybe I would quit. I get blinded off on a couple of tables a couple of times, lose a hand or 2, and then never end up in the + for an entire session.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:08 AM

Thoughts on depositing $100 into stars and grinding it out from .25/.50 again? I think/hope I can beat .25/.50 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

And just live even leaner than I do now for the month or so it takes to scale back up to 1/2 and 2/4?
Old 03-30-2006, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on depositing $100 into stars and grinding it out from .25/.50 again? I think/hope I can beat .25/.50 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

And just live even leaner than I do now for the month or so it takes to scale back up to 1/2 and 2/4?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
did you just remember to take your meds again?

You stacked off your BR. You need to seriously cool off for a spell.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
did you just remember to take your meds again?

You stacked off your BR. You need to seriously cool off for a spell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a $900 bankroll remaining to play 1/2 and 2/4 is hardly stacking off [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I just sat here for about an hour, staring at a blank computer screen, realizing "oh [censored], if I don't play poker, what am I going to do in my free time" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2006, 04:33 AM

Ever tried playing LAGish? I had a similar story to your, minus using poker for living. I was so pissed at my losing dispite having picture perfect stats (TAG) and seemingly good play. I decided to quit. Late one night, I found I had 13$ left on a party account. With the help of luck and single tabling 0.5/1 6max to 1/2 6max, Im on my way to getting a bankroll for 2/4 (Now at 700$). Im running superhot (17BB/100) but I realized that TAG isn't the only way to play.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:39 AM

I think playing LAG at these limits is incorrect. I'm having enough problems keeping my vpip at 18, let alone 22+ for lag.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:42 AM

scary stuff.... really sorry to hear about this.

fwiw i had a similar impression to quinlan:

[ QUOTE ]
Sh*t happens, and by reading your posts you know what you are doing

[/ QUOTE ]

at a guess i would say u are tilting and unlucky and have forgotten the way to apply the concepts you learnt in the past

i have no idea what using this game as a living would do to you, but my advice is dont just say 'i quit' or anything like that. go away for a few months. try getting a live job, get partying and working out again (im assuming that playing that much poker would really take it out of you).... basically just forget about poker for a while and get back in to the rest of life.

after a couple of months see where your at and if u want to return then do it.

oh... and if it isnt totally obvious withdraw that $900 and use it for bills or whatever, take all money out of all poker sites so you can get your head out of the game.

good luck with everything
Old 03-30-2006, 04:42 AM

i think its offtopic but do you use virtual pc 7 for mac ?
Old 03-30-2006, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
scary stuff.... really sorry to hear about this.

fwiw i had a similar impression to quinlan:

[ QUOTE ]
Sh*t happens, and by reading your posts you know what you are doing

[/ QUOTE ]

at a guess i would say u are tilting and unlucky and have forgotten the way to apply the concepts you learnt in the past

i have no idea what using this game as a living would do to you, but my advice is dont just say 'i quit' or anything like that. go away for a few months. try getting a live job, get partying and working out again (im assuming that playing that much poker would really take it out of you).... basically just forget about poker for a while and get back in to the rest of life.

after a couple of months see where your at and if u want to return then do it.

oh... and if it isnt totally obvious withdraw that $900 and use it for bills or whatever, take all money out of all poker sites so you can get your head out of the game.

good luck with everything

[/ QUOTE ]

I never did much partying/etc anyways. I've always had no life, now that I've done nothing but play poker for the past 7 months, letting go sucks. To the point where I don't think I'm going to do it. I think I'm going to cash out almost everything, put $100 into stars, give up rb etc at party for a month, and see if I can build up from .25/.50 to 1/2 in a month or 2.

Savemegod: No I run a normal PC running windows xp