Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Statistical data proving internet poker is rigged

[ QUOTE ]
Your small stakes posts are adorable. Would you like to see my BR compared to yours? Shoot me a PM and we can meet up on Party. I am a fulltime player and this is my sole source of income.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. By the way, what were you banned on 2+2 for?

Edit: My E-Penis is clearly larger than yours. And I play infinitybillion/2finity billion HU SNG's exclusively, I'll play you anytime anywhere.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:09 AM

I wasn't banned, I created this account to post to OOT.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:12 AM

Defending the integrity of the game is far more important than educating a few fishes. Before you semi-hijacked this thread, I simply asked why no one has ever done a statistical study into the hand/flop/distribution of cards on online poker sites. Then, we could say once and for all if online poker is rigged. I believe that it isn't, but this would end these arguments.

p.s. are we all over these stupid "my bankroll is larger than your bankroll" arguments yet? Who ever said that the person with the biggest bankroll is the more skilled player anyway? IMO that is a really stupid argument.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Defending the integrity of the game is far more important than educating a few fishes. Before you semi-hijacked this thread, I simply asked why no one has ever done a statistical study into the hand/flop/distribution of cards on online poker sites. Then, we could say once and for all if online poker is rigged. I believe that it isn't, but this would end these arguments.

p.s. are we all over these stupid "my bankroll is larger than your bankroll" arguments yet? Who ever said that the person with the biggest bankroll is the more skilled player anyway? IMO that is a really stupid argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, to get back to the topic of the thread, there has been some statistical analysis done, and there are a few threads with relatively large pt databases, where they looked at a lot of factors including card distribution,percentages of winning hands, hands holding up, etc. Invariably, even these are attacked by the die-hard "its rigged crowd" claiming either, 1. The samples are not being checked for the very very subtle way that the hands are being rigged, or 2. The posters are "in on it." I'll try to find some links to these threads for you, but I know within at least the last two months in this forum there was a thread with a link to a bunch of the older threads.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:18 AM

Thanks, and thanks for the un-hijack help.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your small stakes posts are adorable. Would you like to see my BR compared to yours? Shoot me a PM and we can meet up on Party. I am a fulltime player and this is my sole source of income.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Looks like we have a real pissing contest here. Please tell me you don't really think BR size = skill.

P.S. My BR is 8 and a half inches.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How come none of the "online poker is rigged" people have never come up with any evidence? It doesn't seem like it would be that hard. Just set up a Poker Tracker-like program to data mine a hundred million or so hands (maybe not even this much, I'm not a statistician) and prove that there are more paired boards, flushes, quads, etc. I am sick of arguing with losing players that feel that they are so smart that they only lose because (insert site name) is rigged.

To all these people: Provide the evidence or shut up and admit you suck at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO EVIDENCE... WHY DID YOU START THIS THREAD WHEN EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS ONLINE POKER ISNT RIGGED
Old 11-30-2005, 01:05 AM

I don't believe it's rigged. That's the point of my post. Why doesn't someone (on either side of the argument) do some studies on the hand distribution so we can shut up the naysayers.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:22 AM

Proving a site is rigged is about as easy as proving its not, sure anyone could see if theyre getting the correct number of sets, if action flops are being dealt, or if the turn and river have the proper distribution. There are more complicated ways of rigging the deal so that it would be undetectable unless you could see all the cards even then it would be difficult to spot.

The good news is its very unlikely any site would do this, if they did there has to be quite a few people who know about it, the risk of a leak is not worth it, but lets say a site has been rigging the deal. There is no chance of leaks and no chance of anyone detecting it, whats the harm? if theyre rigging the deal theyre probably doing it to favor the weak players, so they last a little longer. This may be a good thing. Look at limit vs No Limit, Limit favors the weak players compared to NL which means the bad players last longer and are more likely to re-deposit thus the quality of players are worse at limit than NL.

As to how to shut up the conspiracy theorists who claim the deal is rigged and ruin the integrity of our great game? Ignore? ridicule? what else can you do
Old 11-30-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't someone (on either side of the argument) do some studies on the hand distribution so we can shut up the naysayers.

[/ QUOTE ]

BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO EVIDENCE... WHY DID YOU START THIS THREAD WHEN EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS ONLINE POKER ISNT RIGGED