Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Trouble moving up (small stakes)

I didn't read all of your hands, but I would suggest that when you move up, either just play 1 or 2 tables instead of 4 until you are more comfortable with the stakes. If you need to 4 table, just add 1 or 2 $1/$2 tables in the mix and leave the others at $.5/$1. Eventually it will all seem normal.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:39 PM

you wont win them all, we have all had downswings and questioned ourselves, you are doing the right thing by analyzing your hands and trying to figure things out b/c i did see some problems just glancing at the play.

Just dont play while tilting, take a break for a day or 2, in the past if i took break when i was tilting i would have alot more money than i do now, im not accusing you of tilting but there will be times when you arent playing optimally and you need to just stop b/c things wont improve, the most expensive lesson i have learned.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may even try switching to 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will find horrible players at 6-max - usually worse than 9-max or full ring. But you will find maniacs and calling stations that suck out. I find that if I'm at a table and keep getting sucked out I'm better off moving tables than trying to get my money back from the other player. Otherwise I tend to go on tilt and get into hands I have no business being in. Make sure to buddy list these players, though and make some notes on them. Then go back to them in a few days and pound 'em...
Old 01-07-2006, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The first day I dropped about $50, and then gained it back the following day. However last night I ended up losing $180 in just a few hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you lose so much?
Old 01-07-2006, 03:05 AM

i didn't read any of the HH's, but i'm guessing there's a lot of pretty bad suckouts on there.

don't worry about losing a hand, you can't win them all. post these hands in the micro forums and if someone says you need to work on your game, then move back down to .5/1, but if you are playing the hands correctly, keep grinding it out at 1/2. it's hard work and will take a while to build a decent bankroll, but it will be worth all the suckouts in the long run to have your good hands hold up.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:47 AM

Interesting thread for me - I am just about ready to move up to $1/2 as well.

One point which may be overlooked is that it is human nature to move up when you feel good and everything is going well (i.e. running hot). I think that this must at least be part of the reason why many people suffer a downswing shortly after moving up: they were due for a downswing anyway!
Old 01-07-2006, 09:40 AM

You are never due for a downswing, though people may move up prematurely if they are running better than there actual skill level.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
post these hands in the micro forums and if you decide that you need to work on your game, then move back down to .5/1

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

I've found the general suggestions in the micro-limit forums to be lacking. I haven't posted there in quite some time, though.

Always let yourself be the best judge of yourself.