Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 07:46 PM

Default Re: QQ out of position on the turn

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you comprehended what I wrote. You don't have a sure winner or a sure loser. The way I see it, if you just push the $180 in on the turn, you most likely get called only if you have a sure loss. To totally ignore the strength of a $40 cold call in that game will cost you your bankroll many times. Maybe you have that problem. A lot of players do. I like them.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe i cant read. you did say bet 60 fold to a raise right? if thats right, THEN I COMPREHEND EXACTLY WHAT YOURE SAYING

oh, and i dont have that problem. TOTALLY IGNORE THE STRENGTH OF A COLD CALL ON THAT BOARD??? WTF ARE YOU SMOKING CAN I HAVE SOME

i am not saying push 180 on the turn. i said bet 90 call a raise. omg do i have to spell it out for you. bluggggghhhh
Old 03-07-2006, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the strength of a $40 cold call

[/ QUOTE ]

....is no strength at all. Many players at this level will call this bet on the flop with one pair, a gutshot, ace high, etc. Because everyone knows that anyone that raises preflop has AK so if no A or K comes out, their POS hand has a chance. Seriously, what do you do on this turn, check/fold?

I'd bet closer to a pot-size amount and call a raise.

JKratzer

p.s. mockturtle - did you use to play on stars with Michaelangelo as your avatar?
Old 03-07-2006, 11:32 PM

it was actually rafael, but yeah thats me
Old 03-08-2006, 01:32 AM

If he calls the 90 with 76 its a pretty much break even play for him so you shouldn't care either way. If he has a set here you are just paying him off so you don't need to worry about that either. If he has a8 hes making a big mistake to call a turn bet of 90. Granted if he calls your turn bet of 180 hes making a bigger mistake than he would be if he calls the 90, but the 90 bet is going to allow him to call with more hands. Only way I like the all-in is if you have a very aggressive image and have pulled this move before, or if you suspect the guy is tilting or something like that. Otherwise I'd just bet 90.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:34 AM

i didnt mean A8, i meant A7. (or the other ace/open ender).

calling 90 and rolling me on the river if he hits is a +ev play for him if he folds otherwise. he needs 3 to 1, he's getting like 3.3 to 1 counting implied odds
Old 03-08-2006, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i didnt mean A8, i meant A7. (or the other ace/open ender).

calling 90 and rolling me on the river if he hits is a +ev play for him if he folds otherwise. he needs 3 to 1, he's getting like 3.3 to 1 counting implied odds

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh ok, I was wondering why you said A8. 76 is just one hand out of his range... If you suspect he is only calling a turn bet with a hand that has you beat or a hand that is marginal against you (76, a7 etc) then you shouldn't be betting the turn at all. But I think theres a lot of hands that will call you here that you have dominated and betting about 90 here is the best way for them to pay you. For what its worth I think your all-in bet will get a call sometimes but I'd save it for when you have some reason to think it will work.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:14 AM

You could always post the results in white, or in a seperate response. That way, both sides get what they want from it.