Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: PLO25... I need help getting aggressive

[ QUOTE ]
The one thing I would do in this hand is raise the turn if I didn't raise the flop.

If I'm just calling his PSB on every street I put him on a worse hand than me, so if I think he "may" have a boat on the turn, I'm raising or folding every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be better to let him hang himself if there is a reasonable chance you are behind but also a reasonable chance you are ahead?

Raising on the turn seems to be the worst option as he will fold the hands he may bluff with on the river but you will lose more if he pushes. It is possible he may get get a weird straight or three Kings on the river if I just call and I'm ahead, but the odds for that are low.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:24 PM

Pot preflop......reraise pot on flop hoping to get it allin, pot turn after you only call flop. Pretty simple hand here [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM

Just calling is letting him hang himself. Just calling when there is a reasonable chance you're behind, or worse, drawing dead, like you would be here if he had top two pair on the flop, is hanging yourself.

I don't see how raising the turn is worse than calling here. I would call with Quads or Kings full on that turn.

I might have a fundamental flaw in my thinking, I figure the best way for me to learn is to put my thoughts out there. I don't profess to be an authority on PLO.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see how raising the turn is worse than calling here. I would call with Quads or Kings full on that turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I raise, most of the time I will only get called by a full house or better and will eliminate any chance villain will bluff river. That could be a very costly mistake. I am either WA/WB now, but I won't get a worse hand to call.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't profess to be an authority on PLO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Neither do I... that is why I am posting this hand here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 04:50 AM

My point is....... how do you know it's a bluff, when villain fires again on the river? He could be value betting a calling station for all he knows.

I prefer to take the lead here. IMO, you will lose out more often with trips/tk and the nut flush draw by being passive, than by taking the lead.