Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Obama/Clinton supporters: why should I favor one over the other?

I'm still holding out hope for Edwards but that window is closing quickly.

When he goes under I'm taking Obama. I don't like Hillary for a variety of reasons. While I recognize that she isn't her husband her politics are too similar. She's pro-corporate, she's not taking a firm stance on the war and I don't think her universal health care plan is that great.

In the end, though, I think that Obama, while he may be similar in policy positions, actually gets it. Obama seems to recognize the profoundly destructive and un-American direction the leadership of this country has veered in since 1980 and is committed to change it. He knows that this could be a transformational election and is campaigning to do more than get elected president. I think his ultimate goal is to reeducate Americans about what a real leader looks like, something we haven't had in this country since, well, it's debatable but I would say Carter. If one were so inclined they could probably go all the way back to Truman if they wanted to find a president with some backbone.

Summary: Hillary and Obama's policy prescriptions are generally similar. However, Obama sees the bigger picture about how dangerous "conservatives" and their elected representatives are to the country right now. So I favor Obama.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obama seems to recognize the profoundly destructive and un-American direction the leadership of this country has veered in since 1860

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its obvious. One is a black (sorta) man, the other a white woman (sorta).

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess its the vicatin (long story) but lolololololololol
Old 10-15-2007, 08:43 PM

My information suggests that Obama is not to the left of Clinton on gay rights issues; perhaps you could elaborate as to why you think this is a case.

Trade protectionism is not, in my view, a left or liberal political position; in any case I am generally opposed to its use 'economically advanced' countries (although fair trade is often> free trade).

However, it is certainly true that Obama more consistently supports unions and votes against things that are in the narrow interest of big business than Clinton does, and this me be decisive in his favor for someone like...me, for example.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:48 PM

Hillary is the devil and Obama seems not as bad. Plus I think having a black guy would be cooler/funnier than having a woman as pres.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hillary is the devil and Obama seems not as bad. Plus I think having a black guy would be cool as pres.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hillary is the devil and Obama seems not as bad. Plus I think having a black guy would be cool as pres.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a woman support this makes it gospel truth, I'm fairly sure.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Having a woman support this makes it gospel truth, I'm fairly sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

please don't believe the school of thought that Hillary will receive the female vote because she's a woman. Some of us are capable of seeing evil without regard for gender. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2007, 11:44 PM

Hillary talks about Iran like they're Nazi Germany and made a stupid vote about giving Bush some sort of leverage against them. She doesn't admit she was wrong in voting to allow the president to go to war with Iraq. She is the worst of the group of Democrats IMO, since she's the most hawkish and I think foreign policy is critical right now. It also doesn't help that laugh she's grown so fond of giving in response to critisms or questions (many of which are valid) is pretty rude and condescending. I can also remember other things making me strongly dislike her in the past, but can't remember what they were (that's not very helpful, sorry). I personally prefer Edwards to both, but I'd like to see Obama over Hillary.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess you should favor Hillary over Obama...She has more experience, both with our government and with foreign relationships.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than hold a senate seat and read a speech about healthcare in 1992, what exactly has she done?