Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Need opinion on Wynn restaurants

I loved Red 8. I love Chinese food and thought the meal was awesome. The only bad thing was it took forever to get our check.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:54 PM

I enjoy the Cafe, but it's way overpriced. The Deli is fantastic.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:55 PM

The buffet had excellent buffet brunch, in my opinion, though the service was certainly not what I hoped.

The one dinner I had at the hotel was at the restaurant in the Tower Suites lobby (which I don't remember the name of right now). The food was definitely quite good, but the service was a little uncomfortable at times. I was eating at like 10:00 pm, though, which might have been a factor. I thought the sommelier was quite friendly and recommended a very good Rioja which was somewhat reasonably priced. I don't remember the food wowing me, and I thought the decor was a little blah.

My only other high-end Vegas meal was at Aureole in Mandalay, which felt a little more comfortable and a little more sheik (two features which don't necessarily go together all the time), and the food struck me as having a tad more creativity. I wish I could remember what I ate at any of these places...
Old 03-06-2006, 05:05 PM

I only had an early morning/late night Angus Beef Burger at the Cafe (i think), it was excellent.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:15 PM

The Buffet Good selection, prime rib, crab legs, shrimp, lamb best buffet Ive been to here. I recommend the Ribs and the Lamb Tbone...get it compd

Red 8 General selection of typical asian food, I have had at one time or another the WonTon Soup, Vegetable Spring Rolls, Kung Pao Chicken and Beef, Sweet & Sour Chickn, and Calamari...all are as expected nothing too exceptional..get it Compd if you go

ZooZa Cracker (deli) Way overpriced, $13.50 for an average burger, reuben is ok, and so is the stuffed turkey sandwhich, best/only choice when wanting to be served at the table....get it Compd

The Cafe Good for a quick hit, they offer decent selection of sandwiches, I would go here specifically for dessert as there cookies are good, there choclate cake is excellent, and they have the best cheesecake Ive had in Vegas. Good place to stop on the way back from the bathroom

Corsa Cucina Ate the most expensive most dissapointing steak there once...but its not all bad. Its not like the steak was terrible but for $72 bucks I wanted heaven, I went back and got the cheaper cut and it was much better, also the wood grilled pizzas are pretty good. I havent been there since the remodel so Im not sure if the menu changed but otherwise its right across from the Poker room so its fast....$120-150 for 2 people

SW Steakhouse One of my favorite restaurants in Vegas, nice design inside, great patio during the summer which overlooks a lagoon type are, they also have light shows every 30minutes after dark.
Overall the food is exceptional, there prime cut of steak is a 20oz bone in ribeye which was very filling, I have also had there Filet Thermidor (Steak and Lobster) in a nice sauce. Appetizer wise, the crab cake is good but the Lobster roll didnt necessarily catch my attention. I have never had a bad meal or experience there. I have also taken some of my clients there and they always love it.
2 people $150+
Old 03-06-2006, 05:15 PM

If you like Tapas, there is a Spanish place acrros the street in the Fashion Show Mall called Babareba that is good and quite reasonable.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The Cafe Good for a quick hit, they offer decent selection of sandwiches, I would go here specifically for dessert as there cookies are good, there choclate cake is excellent, and they have the best cheesecake Ive had in Vegas. Good place to stop on the way back from the bathroom

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice review of all those restaurants, thanks. I assume the above is referring to the drug store cafe. Have you been to the Terrace Point Cafe' and if so, how is it? I think that is one of the places the poker room will give comps for, in addition to the buffet and the deli.

I've never been in there, but walked past it the other night and it looked like a nice place for a 1:00AM "lunch" break.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:02 PM

I have to second both the terrace point cafe as having good sammiches and GREAT deserts. Mmm cake.... and the Tapas place in the front of the mall across the street. I reccomend both, really.

I also now want to try that SW Steakhouse. (stomach gurgles)
Old 03-06-2006, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice review of all those restaurants, thanks. I assume the above is referring to the drug store cafe. Have you been to the Terrace Point Cafe' and if so, how is it? I think that is one of the places the poker room will give comps for, in addition to the buffet and the deli.

I've never been in there, but walked past it the other night and it looked like a nice place for a 1:00AM "lunch" break.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea its the pne next to the drugstore, I have yet to hit up the other one, but I do hear they are open later and you can get a nice cut of steak there. and compd
Old 03-06-2006, 08:00 PM

Terrace Point Cafe is my 2nd favorit in Vegas. Only one better is that the Bellagio imo.