Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Hello and... what about this hand?

Welcome to the forum. this is standard, you have to call flop with this hand against a c-bet, losing to a flush it just unlucky. i would also count a K as outs here as it dosent look like any sets are lurking, and even if they are you have the best cards to defend against
Old 10-02-2007, 04:55 AM

Good to know that this kind of situations are standard!

About moving up: unfortunately my bankroll cannot permit me to think about that now... I hope in the future.

Nevertheless, there is something which is not clear to me:
What is the meaning of "lagtard"?
Do you really think that, for my position and for the raise before me, I shouldn't call preflop because I had not enough odds?
Old 10-02-2007, 05:34 AM

this is a premium hand and you probably should never fold that preflop. you certanly may call this flop, even if we know he has a trips already - just because implied odds (chancses that he would pay you if you hit) very big in your level of play (PLO2).

btw, why are you playing that level? okay, maybe you have to stay there for a little to see some strange omaha sitations, but in general this limit is too low means you wouldnt meet any good player here, but your income, even you would be doing best at this level would be smth about 0.6$ over 100 hands (or about 1,3-1,8 hours).

Are you really want to that? I recommend you choice between:
get a try with most of your bankroll to PLO5 or whatever to get your bankroll to $70 and then take a risk of PLO10. sure, you may broke, but if you would play cautiously and fine, you wouldnt lost a lot, and if you busted this is probably very bad luck.
another way just to deposit without wasting your time. the problem is, to deposit you should be sure in yourself.
and some guys would claim this "stupid" or "addicted"
Old 10-02-2007, 05:49 AM

Thanks for the advices about moving up.

The fact is that I want to solve some psychological problems I have in the game. For example:

- I think in that way I can start to be used to be shortstaked;
- I can learn to manage good stakes if I double up or more (usually I am not good in that because I feel that I am earning something and I start to play in a too conservative way)

I have also another problem. I can fell confindent in general but, in a game as PLO, if I have to build my bankroll and I have to play in a good way, I simply cannot play as a nut-peddler in PLO10: I have to play and gamble and, if I am out of bankrool, I will not feel confident in doing that.

The fact is that I lost that hand and everyone of you told me that I played it well. Imagine if it happened in a situation in which it was a big part of mu bankroll.... DEVASTATING!

Analyzing me I think I cannot follow now your advice, even if I would like because I now that moving up I would find good players and a different way to approach PLO.
None the less, thanks: I hope to do that in the next future.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:02 AM

Stay within your own BR comfort zone. I grinded along in Freerolls, $1/$2 MTT's,5NL then 5PLO for two months and ground out a few bonuses the hard way. All that then two weeks at 10PLO and a month at 25PLO and I have a little BR going.

Don't look at it as money, cause it's peanuts really. Look at it as a scoreboard that you don't want to drop off. You're right, you must be able to gamble, and play poker properly without fear that making the right decision will crush you.