Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Hello and... what about this hand? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=513469)

Chip753 10-01-2007 08:44 PM

Hello and... what about this hand?

Hello guys.

This is my first post and I just want to say that is very usefull to read you comments: it is a great way to try to improve my way of playing, even if I know that I have to work a lot. I am trying to read every possible past thread… a mission impossible!

I would like to have your opinion about this hand that I played in PLO5. Usually I am a nut-peddler because I am trying to build a bankroll, learning to be focused and patience, but I sit in this short-handed table and I decided to had an aggressive style for a while cause people very a little bit looser after the flop than the usual at this limit.

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.01/$0.02
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $3.02
Hero: $2.02
CO: $3.45
Button: $2.84
SB: $4.98
BB: $1.83

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.07</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.31, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.31</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.24, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $1.19</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $1.64</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.16, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $6.16)
UTG checks, Button checks.

Results:
Final pot: $6.16

Maybe some informations are necessary. The UTG was LA pre-flop and tried to bluff a lot, while the other one was rather tight. I analyzed the hand using a hand evaluator and I was in a good position when I moved all-in, but I have some bad feelings about the way in which I played basing on implied-odds.
What do you think about it?

Thank you for your opinions. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

roggles 10-01-2007 08:47 PM

Re: Hello and... what about this hand?

I think you played it fine. What do you feel is bad?

BTW this is playing nut-peddly to me. Great pre-flop hand. Pretty good flop that you have to bet pot. Then nuts on turn

vetiver 10-01-2007 08:49 PM

You get it in with top two and nut straight... not much more to say? Just unfortunate if someone had AJxxss or just a random flush.

thisnamedoesntfi 10-01-2007 08:51 PM

What implied odds? You were all in.

You had the nuts with top two pair as a redraw to a boat. WP.

Chip753 10-01-2007 08:52 PM

The fact is that my stack was not enough to put them out of odds and to use in a good way my implied odds.
Basing on that, maybe I shuould wait a different situation in HU post-flop with good pot-odds, without thinking about implied-odds... but maybe I am just starting to think to much as a nut peddler and not as a complete PLO player... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Chip753 10-01-2007 08:56 PM

I saw your posts only now and I am looking at that hand in a different way.
I think I am too scared by flush draw in general, even if random and weak...

Thank for your opinions. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

chucky 10-01-2007 10:10 PM

standard.

illph 10-01-2007 10:16 PM

I think the question here is wether the call on the flop is okay with 7 outs to the nuts. I think it is since UTG is a lagtard and you also have toptop.

thisnamedoesntfi 10-01-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the question here is wether the call on the flop is okay with 7 outs to the nuts. I think it is since UTG is a lagtard and you also have toptop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you have to fold preflop if you aren't calling on this flop.

alavet 10-02-2007 01:13 AM

pretty pretty standart. have you lost to a flush and whining now? stop it.

move up