Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: full house on board, i play board, std push?

-I should add that I am a nitt.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: full house on board, i play board, std push?

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it really depends on your read. OP said he was a solid player, which i'm assuming means he does things somewhat normally.

Villian was in CO. Normally, people raise PP's like 99+ preflop. 88 is probably raisable from CO too. 66-, maybe not so much.

So looking at it in this manner, the CO probably saw that no one was interested in betting and gave it a shot on the turn. Then when called, shut down.

Of course if you read him differently, then maybe the play is riskier. If he is passive and might limp higher pairs PF then the play becomes too risky. Also, if he is loose and might limp/call with alot of jack hands, then that increases risk too.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. I read him for having a lower pair or big Ace like mine. If he's good enough to check his J on the river believing I would make a move like this, then I say he deserves the pot and I'll take advantage of my new crazy image in the next hand.
But my image was pretty solid at the table so I don't think CO would have checked the flop if he had anything at all. At the very least, I thought he would put in a blocking bet of $30-$35 if he had a 88, 99, TT pair kind of hand.