Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: When to post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you come in as the big blind, you're paying 1.5 small bets (assuming the small blind is 1/2 the big blind) to see 9 hands (assuming a 9 handed table). This equals 0.1666667 small bets per hand.

If you post behind in the cutoff, you're paying 1 small bet to see 6 hands. This equals 0.16666667 small bets per hand.

So take your pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one gives us the bigger edge then? Getting 3 more hands or having position/money in the pot for one hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's much of an edge to get either way. But I think I'm leaning toward playing the big blind. If it was a 10 handed game, then posting behind would be slightly cheaper.

If you play the big blind, you're getting more hands and the button, which are both good things. Granted, you're position sucks 2/3 of the time, but think of how many big blind specials you might miss.

BTW, sorry I haven't "outed" myself yet. I saw you last night, and played with Howard Beale and pope, but didn't say anything.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:13 PM

I always either post in the CO or take the BB, whichever one gets to me first so I get in the action fastest. I don't think it matters much. Except when the game is short, and then I always take the BB.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you come in as the big blind, you're paying 1.5 small bets (assuming the small blind is 1/2 the big blind) to see 9 hands (assuming a 9 handed table). This equals 0.1666667 small bets per hand.

If you post behind in the cutoff, you're paying 1 small bet to see 6 hands. This equals 0.16666667 small bets per hand.

So take your pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one gives us the bigger edge then? Getting 3 more hands or having position/money in the pot for one hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's much of an edge to get either way. But I think I'm leaning toward playing the big blind. If it was a 10 handed game, then posting behind would be slightly cheaper.

If you play the big blind, you're getting more hands and the button, which are both good things. Granted, you're position sucks 2/3 of the time, but think of how many big blind specials you might miss.

BTW, sorry I haven't "outed" myself yet. I saw you last night, and played with Howard Beale and pope, but didn't say anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have saw me get up with 4.5 racks looking like I was a big winner then. I wasn't.