Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 02:57 PM

Default Re: NL10, Overpair on paired, flush draw board

I think you can probably let go of this hand on the turn given how it has played out. His bet on the turn makes it much more likely that he has an overpair and all of his overpairs are better than you.

I think you made this hand very hard on yourself.

Start with preflop. What is your reason for the call? Are you calling to make a set and collect or are you calling because you are ahead of his range? If you are playing this for set value only I think it is a bit sketchy. I don't think he is deep enough to play it ONLY for set value. So, if you feel that you are ahead against his range and you can make a little with set value I like a raise.

Say you reraise to a dollar. You can fold to a 4-bet easily and you can easily commit on flops that don't contain an A or K(or otherwise are dangerous). It is a fairly marginal hand so when you get AI you will not always be ahead but you will be ahead often enough.

The way you played it you left yourself OOP with a funny SPR and no idea where your really stood.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: NL10, Overpair on paired, flush draw board

Thanks to all for the comments. I know I butchered the heck out of this one, middle pairs and AQ are killers for me from the blinds. Need to plug the leaks.

Anyhow, villain shows up with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]...3 bet likely takes this one down as you all have suggested.