Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 01:07 AM

Default Re: $26 Satellite, A9 call please help

I would call. You are almost 63% against a random hand, and can fold into a seat if you win. and I think your chances of winning a seat if you fold is closer to 50%.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:11 AM

I'd probably call here since it doesn't look like you can fold your way ITM.

observation: villain looks to be quite a moran...guess he isn't familiar with folding into the money & really wants to win 1st place.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:16 AM

Fold! I have to agree with b-komplex here ("... even if we knew that Villain had 72o ...").

I played several satellites, especially for the FTOPS and this is a tough spot, nevertheless itŽs a fold. You can glide ITM with one single chip here and have no disadvantage. Remember that VillainŽs line indeed is a big advantage for Hero!! Two players are severely shortstacked (not being crippled is relative here [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]) and Villain puts maximal pressure on them! OP just has to survive four players and there are four tables left - somebody WILL make a mistake and call with a mediocre hand (like a PP running into Aces). So stay cool and donŽt switch into panic mode. I won several satellites with one single BB left, literally folding everything over more than four orbits. Surely you have no guarantee, but a 60% chance here is no really great deal ... it would be a difference if 6 were left and four were paid. But with 22 players there are plenty of chances for somebody to bust.

By the way: the tragedy of satellites is, that youŽll feel bad either way. If you call and lose, youŽll feel donkish. If you fold and will be blinded out later on, youŽll feel donkish as well. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]