Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2006, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Grinding it out advice

well if it helps i had 31 dollars on pokerroom which i deposited because i could get points for my girlfriend to go shopping some points scheme she was collecting. Anyways i started on 31 and within a week turned into 100 dollars playing .10/.25 although i wouldnt suggest starting that high the games are easily beatable without bad variance i then added that to the 31 i had built up the same way at stars and started my stts back up again, im currently 2 tabling the 5s and after 21 stts im at 90.91% roi and 105 dollars profit a total of 235 so if you really want it and your patient it will come. I wish you luck
Old 03-01-2006, 12:49 AM

Limit or No-Limit? The 300 big bet "rule" is generally for limit full-ring games, and is best used for people who cannot/will not add to their bankroll. For those in nano-limit games, the goal should be to move to .50-1 as soon as possible, so I think it makes sense to stomach a higher risk of ruin-- after all, reloading with $10 isn't going to do anything but force you to cook one night instead of hitting Applebee's.
When you have 100 big bets for the next level, move up. If you fall 25% below this cutoff, go back down and rebuild. at $30, you can play limit 10-20 cent poker just fine, since you are able to move down to 5-10 cent or even 2-4 cents if you lose a little. I'd at least try 25-50 cent limits (10-25 blinds) when you get to $50. If you lose $10, go back down-- this luxury of going back down is what allows you to try to move up faster. Some posters refer to this as "taking shots" at a level-- move up, but if you start out losing, go back down to avoid risking too large a percentage of one's bankroll.

When you get to 50-1, use the 300BB rule, and don't move up until you get into the $500-600 range; you can clear many bonuses at .50-1, so there's less incentive to risk moving up on a small bankroll.

At no limit, I have no experience, so I'll not give alternate advice-- the above applies to limit games only.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:12 AM

First of all your playing on a bad site. That site is full of bad beats. I recommend FishTank or Doyles Room (which are totally identical) They us a Random Shuffle Device. You can read all about it on the site. Second, you should have at least four buy ins. I recommend you play no limit and buy in for Ten Dollars and play .5 and .10 no limit. That's three buy ins. Just be patient and play each hand correctly and your bankroll should build. Good Luck.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:17 AM

I had more bad beats at doyles room than i've ever had at any other site. But this has absolutely nothing to do with if a site is good or bad. Pokerstars is just fine.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:21 AM

Just get a real job and earn minimum wage until you can bonus whore at .5/1 or higher. Nano limits are just a waste of your life.