Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 04:05 AM

Default Re: River Play - 2nd Nut boat

I would've bet my trips on the turn, just as note.

Anyhow, I don't have any problem losing 100 BB on your hand with that river. I'd try not to lose more than 150 on it, though (basically, calling rather than raising when it gets somewhere short of that point).

That being said, your tell COULD mean a call earlier rather than a raise. But if the guy's as bad as you say he is, then that shouldn't be the only hand he can have, right??

Let me get this straight, though: It's checked all the way to the river, with the board pairing on the turn. Then he fires pot, you raise pot, he mini-raises, right? If that's correct, I think I do just call the mini-raise rather than push. I guess if he's completely clueless, he can have maybe AJ or QJ or some other worse full, so you may be leaving equity at the table (since he'll call), but if he has some semblance of an idea, I can't imagine the 3-bet with < aces full.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:00 AM

Default Re: River Play - 2nd Nut boat (PLO $100)

After reviewing the HH, I just noticed that I actually had $125 and Villain had $100, so the stacks were a little deeper than I remembered.

On the river the exact amounts were:
Villain: bets pot $6
Hero raises $18 to $24
Villain raised $18 to $42

After this Villain had $57 behind, and well, I thought I was good and pushed allin, which he called (had him covered).

I guess I shoulda just called his 3-bet, but I also know behind result oriented is wrong so I'd like to know the best line for next time.

His stats were: 37/2/1.2, the AF on each street being the following: 1.0/1.3/2.1 (Flop/Turn/River).

See, when I see a guy with a PFR of 2%, I usually assume he can't have AAxx here since there was no preflop raise (and he was not in a position where a limp-reraise was likely).

Combined with the fact that he's running at -22BB/100 over the last 1,500 hands, all this totally biased my decision, I guess I shoulda known better
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In the light of those new elements, do you guys still favor a raise then call a reraise on the river rather than pop it?

Also, just calling the $6 is plain bad, we agree?
Old 08-16-2007, 05:29 AM

I lose two many stacks in this kind of spot, versus this kind of guy...

Now I try to just call down when min raised by villain!

Just calling the $6 is bad though, as we're losing value from any underfull, but just calling the reraise looks pretty good IMO
Old 08-16-2007, 07:55 AM

I'll be damned if I ever fold this on Bodog. I'd probally of pushed as he'll show up with a naked J there sometimes on the Dog.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:57 AM

it's site and villain dependant obviously, but call > raise because of the min raise and the fact that we're beat 95% of the time we're called...

Don't know Bodog though!

folding is out of question!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:10 PM

1) Consider possibly betting the turn.

2) When you make the river raise, consider going less than $24, in part to guarantee that straights and naked J's or underboats call, and in part to avoid decisions like the one in this thread. $15 seems OK.

3) As played it is pretty close between call and shove, but please never, ever fold. I would likely struggle with the decision and then just call, in part due to the fact that the J in your hand makes anything other than AA unlikely from him.