Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Re: NL50 AT makes trips raise on the turn

I wouldn't do it all the time but I actually like the flop check. The only thing that changes it up for me a bit here is the board being pretty wet, but I don't think that's too big a deal, and I'd probably rather keep the pot small.

Your turn bet looks pretty weak and bluffy. I think button's range here is going to be quite wide for that turn raise, and so I think you're well ahead of his range. However, I don't think there's much value to be gained from raising, as given the action your holding is about the weakest thing I'd expect you to be showing up with at that point (people are rarely taking that line as a bluff.) So I'd just go ahead and call and c/c the river, particularly given his aggression. But I would also not be surprised if the river gets checked through.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:20 AM

checking flop is ok here however i ask the question do you think villian called you preflop with the intention of taking the hand down? ie floating?. aggr players will raise your weak turn bet with air alot here so my line is call c/c river. If villian is indeed aggressive through, hes flop check has me concerned allthrough he could well have a weaker kicker
Old 08-09-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
checking flop is ok here however i ask the question do you think villian called you preflop with the intention of taking the hand down? ie floating?. aggr players will raise your weak turn bet with air alot here so my line is call c/c river. If villian is indeed aggressive through, hes flop check has me concerned allthrough he could well have a weaker kicker

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain is aggressive and firing out quite a bit, I'd think that with a board this wet he'd probably fire with AJ or AQ here. A better A is possible but seems pretty unlikely to me.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:13 PM

cbet flop
Old 08-09-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this was the type of player to plan a hand in advance. It for sure was the type of player that would suspect a cbet behind every flop bet. Also, he wasn't really that loose so I don't expect him to have rags here once he called pre-flop. So I'm quite sure he would snap call a cbet and bet the turn if checked to.

As I said my original plan was to check/fold because a weak ace OOP against an aggressive player is just not very profitable in the long run. It was making trips that kinda sucked me into continuing with the hand.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As I said my original plan was to check/fold because a weak ace OOP against an aggressive player is just not very profitable in the long run. It was making trips that kinda sucked me into continuing with the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's really floating you and playing back at you a ton, I wouldn't be that shy about AT in this spot. I think it likely has a healthy amount of value to it. Bet, get floated, check/call turn and possibly river. He'll occasionally show up with a better A, but if he's really aggro he's probably reraising a lot of those better A's PF. And on a wet board there will be lots of fun things for him to bluff at.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:47 PM

I don't see why he has to bet AJ/AQ on the flop.

I would probably call the turn. I don't know what the river action is/what the card is but I'd likely check.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why he has to bet AJ/AQ on the flop.

I would probably call the turn. I don't know what the river action is/what the card is but I'd likely check.

[/ QUOTE ]
I called and checked a brick river, he bet pot and I called and lost to AQ. I'm still unsure about the river call. However, overall I'm not really that unhappy about the hand because I think weaker aces are well within his range and I got to showdown without having to put my whole stack in.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:54 PM

[censored] calling pot on a brick river lol...
Old 08-09-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I missed that you checked the flop. Back to 5nl please [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing would be pretty bad IMO.

I liek the call call and bet ~half pot on river as a blocker.