Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Scott Lazar = LAG?

I agree with you both in the right spots it is an easy fold and this may be one of them: "Solid Reg 3 bets" What else do we need
Old 08-04-2007, 03:13 PM

When solid players are doing the 3 betting, its not a good idea to fold jacks. Of course I cant do it. Tens are a lot easier.

I played with Scott in Vegas and he seemed like a straightforward tag
Old 08-04-2007, 07:26 PM

What I saw from him at the table was he would 3-bet preflop and then check behind 2 other players. Someone bets the turn and he folds. The person the bet the turn even asked what happened, and he said "I know what im doing." So, basically i had him figured for a tricky player.

Preflop when solid Reg could be isolating with AJ-AK or PP, and i figured to be ahead his range JJ. When i four bet Scott took a couple seconds and looked pained when he called [act?]. On the flop solid reg folds pretty fast and Scott calls. The turn is where i messed up... I should not have posted that i was C/R and the responses would have probably be different. The reason i bet the turn was to try and represent a strong hand [AA, AK] and setup a blocking bet. I put Scott on a wide range and he could have had QJo, Diamonds, or anything and if i checked i would be giving up to much value, he is capable of raising on a semibluff. Now as i look back maybe i should have checked and just seen what magical card the river brought...