Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: WSOP play along

tangent time,

[ QUOTE ]
I need a 4 color deck..

[/ QUOTE ]

why has this not been implemented to real playing cards? It should be standard everywhere
Old 07-28-2007, 08:19 PM

good so far, now raise the turn so he can fold AQ.

if he doesn't fold there, bet a lot of chips on the river.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:14 PM

adanthar,

are you sure you didn't play this hand?

i raise to 8K, he calls after pondering for maybe 30 seconds. How's my raise size there? I still felt like he might shove KQ/AQ on me and I think that just looks super strong (although the average main event player doesnt really think about this stuff).

Anyways, perhaps I should have made it 12K or something but alas, the river drops Jc completing the flush from the flop. He again thinks for a little bit and checks to me? Can I rep the flush now or does my raise on turn take that somewhat out. Is he even thinking about this? My main question is, What is my bet size if I bluff. He has about 35K left to my 55 and pot is about 28 or something.

also, adanthar,

you really bet a lot of chips if the board pairs without a club or something similarly safe for a hand like KQ/Aq?
Old 07-28-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the river drops Jc completing the flush...He has about 35K left to my 55 and pot is about 28 or something

[/ QUOTE ]

you know what you must do (hint: tournament life)

and yes, I bet a lot on any river, because we raised in a liveament so therefore we must have aces
Old 07-28-2007, 11:14 PM

well i sure hope he can't read hands cuz u never have a flush here with this action.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:25 PM

"well i sure hope he can't read hands cuz u never have a flush here with this action."

statements like this are what make most mtt players (even the winners) incredibly easy to play against and incredibly bad hand readers.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well i sure hope he can't read hands cuz u never have a flush here with this action.

[/ QUOTE ]

o rly
Old 07-29-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm why not?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:38 AM

Well considering

-all the big draws raise the flop against a "nit" (this is why i mention can he read hands cuz if he doesn't know [censored] but his cards, jam riv all day)

-why would a naked flush draw raise the turn here when someone donks 1/6 pot into them? and why to such a small amount? so we can call a 3bet? if so lol donkaments.

-MLG, go ahead and post the last hand where you raised the turn to that small of an amount with a naked flush draw.

I really can't recall any time i've seen a decent player play a flush draw like that (and if they did i'd prob reconsider their definition).

Nit led supersmall into us on two streets and we have top pair, I think a call on both streets is more prudent than a supersmall raise on the biggest blank in the deck.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:14 PM

I don't have HHs, although there are a couple of times I remember doing. More importantly though, I'd play it like this more often live than online because as has been mentioned multiple times recently live donkeys shift from calling station to weak tight as the hand gets closer to the river. So calling flop, raising turn bluffing river is pretty damn effective.

FWIW, while raising the turn betting the river seems super sexy, im not sure this is the best spot for it.