Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: NLCASH- 3-bet troubles

I'm just having trouble articulating my question.. How about this:

What hands are you usually raising preflop from the button that you are folding to a 3-bet? Of course it's player-dependent, but on average.. what are you tossing to a third raise?
Old 07-27-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you consider a big hand? two pair? a pair + straight draw type hand?

if you're going to call hands like 67s, you can't just play them in the hope of hitting a big hand. same goes for hands like 33.

if he's raising 20% of your opens, then he's not going to be felting his hand as often as you seem to think.

another factor to consider is whether they will adjust to whether you call or not. some players will raise x% regardless. others will increase or decrease how often they raise oop depending on whether or not they perceive that you are contesting them.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

this is a really good post. it is definetely not profitable to call with mediocre hands and hope to hit it big if he reraises you a lot. Yesterday I 4-bet a really annoying player with 74 to make him slow down. I think it's a better solution than calling with mediocre hands, but I will usually wait for big hands to make a move.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:27 AM

There are some players that I'll pitch kq and aj. There are some that I'm calling about 75% of my pf raising range.

If you're trying to think about what types of hands play better in position in a reraised pot, there is a good post in the high stakes nl forum debating the merits of 88 v a2s v 57s v kjo.

Jman posted it. It's called something like - (Simple?) 3Bet Question.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's 3-betting with AJo+, ATs+, 99+ then what can I call with? Let's say he's betting the flop 85% of the time for 3/4 to the full pot. Is this enough information?

[/ QUOTE ]

If my image is good I will *sometimes* continue with a lot of hands planning to make a move in alot of pots. But when I am playing my snugger game, I would call with any two face cards, and pocket pairs 77+, and in general try to win flops that I don't think hit him, and play top pair, pretty strong.

Actually, I realize I'm having trouble answering this, because alot of this depends on how wimpy my opponent is, and if I have been showing down lots of good hands against him or not, and if I feel like he is playing weak tight or not. I fold to a lot of 3-bets until I see someone will 3-bet a lot, or I feel like I have a good read on their play.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:38 PM

<searching for jman article>

Found!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2007, 02:53 PM

How about to make such threads sticky ones?