Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: 5/10 TT 3rd pair on turn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was bet folding this turn, standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure I like bet/folding the turn. Ive see so much tomfoolery lately, that I think you need to call down a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

we capped preflop, these is almost no way a reasonable TAG is going to be making a play on this board given the action so far

I would feel comfortable folding to a turn c/r

also I think that the river is a check behind if we get called on the turn unless villain is a serious showdown monkey
Old 07-26-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: 5/10 TT 3rd pair on turn

[ QUOTE ]
what about the 24 combos of 66-99..? You dont want value from those?

I dont know what you want to induce(?) But if you want to check the turn to induce a river bet from a hand that would have folded the turn I think you are underestimating a TAG villain. Most good TAG's recognize the turn check as a "see you at SD" check and will not bet any hand on the river that wouldnt have called a turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oink, I don't get your point. I want to collect a bet from all 54 combinations I beat.
So what you are telling me is if you are SB holding any PP you are going to call a turn and river bet or just the turn and fold river UI(whatever your plan may be) against a Tag PF capper and a KxxQ board.

Note here I'm necessarily disagreeing with a turn lead but I was looking for more discussion then was provided at the time of my post.
I think we need to consider when is the best time to put one more bet into this pot if that is our plan:

When we bet/fold turn we are folding the worse hand a large majority of the time, however we lose the small chance to improve to the best hand

When we check the turn we give infinite odds to SB, however we are not talking a huge pot here. Not small either. So how many outs do we average for SB if we are ahead.

If we check turn I don't agree 100% that a TAG never bets this river with a worse hand if he thinks he can get you to fold a better PP because when you check this turn you have told him what range you are holding.

If we check the turn tag villian may check the river also but will be more likely to call a single bet with a worse hand rather than on the turn when he is looking at calling one on trun and one very likely on river in order to see a SD.