Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Please help a nit

im 35/32 and i do this by opening in position a ton
Old 07-21-2007, 10:40 PM

According to your post your "standard" UTG stats should be 8.6/8.6, but it's 13/13... Not very disciplined eh ?

The main problem I see is that you're not loose enough in late position. Start by adding all AXs, most suited connectors and see how it goes for a while. Then start adding more suited gappers, any 2 broadway etc... till you get 30+% attempt to steal blinds. When you get used to playing a lot of marginal hands post-flop you can start loosening up in other positions.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:44 PM

honestly, i feel like the key to playing LAG pre is understanding how to play LAG post. find more spots where a bluff is +EV postflop. find more spots to make thin calls. it'll make you improve your hand reading, and once you figure out postflop, preflop is easy
Old 07-21-2007, 11:08 PM

This is the key to opening up your game:

Just start raising wider pre and reraising wider pre and force yourself to play postflop and figure out how the hell you're gonna play it subsequently. Holla
Old 07-21-2007, 11:32 PM

I recently converted. Went from 18/15 to about 25/21.

UTG: AT+, suited broadway, 22+, occasionally 9T+.
CO: most any suited connectors or suited two gappers, unsuited connectors, suited aces, decent suited kings
BTN: anything remotely playable

Everything depends alot on table conditions though. If you're playing very tight players then go wild from most any position. If you have a 60/30 on your left who is cold calling/reraising preflop and not giving up if he misses the flop then tighten up alot from all positions, etc..

Also, if you have two like 13/10 types in the blinds, steal with literally any two cards. It's incredibly profitable. If you have three of them on your left then start stealing with just about any two from the CO as well. They don't seem to be at all capable of adjusting in general - they might just start reraising you 1/20 steals instead of 1/25.

Worked well for me so far. Alot of the hudtards only see your numbers and will pay you off pretty light postflop, or try to make goofy moves against you. And at $100 even the fish/donks take note of image. Never would have beleived this until I had one pay me off (AA v 55 on a like 379 board) and then chat: "Figured he had trash like usual." Was definitely an "Ah hah!" moment for me. I owe him one.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I recently converted. Went from 18/15 to about 25/21.

UTG: AT+, suited broadway, 22+, occasionally 9T+.
CO: most any suited connectors or suited two gappers, unsuited connectors, suited aces, decent suited kings
BTN: anything remotely playable

Everything depends alot on table conditions though. If you're playing very tight players then go wild from most any position. If you have a 60/30 on your left who is cold calling/reraising preflop and not giving up if he misses the flop then tighten up alot from all positions, etc..

Also, if you have two like 13/10 types in the blinds, steal with literally any two cards. It's incredibly profitable. If you have three of them on your left then start stealing with just about any two from the CO as well. They don't seem to be at all capable of adjusting in general - they might just start reraising you 1/20 steals instead of 1/25.

Worked well for me so far. Alot of the hudtards only see your numbers and will pay you off pretty light postflop, or try to make goofy moves against you. And at $100 even the fish/donks take note of image. Never would have beleived this until I had one pay me off (AA v 55 on a like 379 board) and then chat: "Figured he had trash like usual." Was definitely an "Ah hah!" moment for me. I owe him one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is golden and is exactly how I feel.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:20 AM

i wouldnt mind trading a 1 hr sweat with a good nit. i have no idea how to get under 25vpip. 35/29 ftw.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt mind trading a 1 hr sweat with a good nit. i have no idea how to get under 25vpip. 35/29 ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 3 videos if you want to watch about 2 hours in total if you want to watch me fold for 2 hours than send me a PM and I'll give you the links.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
According to your post your "standard" UTG stats should be 8.6/8.6, but it's 13/13... Not very disciplined eh ?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was just a rough guideline.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 3 videos if you want to watch about 2 hours in total if you want to watch me fold for 2 hours than send me a PM and I'll give you the links.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds thrilling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]