Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Re: Group Job Interview

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

one of the questions was "if you were a cookie, what kind of cookie would you be and why?" the group of 20 of us went around and answered the question to the group.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was your answer and reason? What was the most popular answer? What was the most unusual answer?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont remember what i said or actually answering it. my memory is of a few others answering it. everyone knew their personalities were on trial and some people acted way too interested and excited about the question.

"wow, that's a really great question! i think id be a sugar cookie because all my friends tell me how sweet i am. hahaha!!" and then the interviewer would fake laugh along w/ her like she just heard a fabulous joke and theyd share this fake moment together that neither one of them wanted to share in the first place. it was painful watching people act that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to think that I would triumphantly say something about how dumb the question is, and march right out of there. In reality I would just say some stupid cookie thing and get it over with.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

one of the questions was "if you were a cookie, what kind of cookie would you be and why?" the group of 20 of us went around and answered the question to the group.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was your answer and reason? What was the most popular answer? What was the most unusual answer?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont remember what i said or actually answering it. my memory is of a few others answering it. everyone knew their personalities were on trial and some people acted way too interested and excited about the question.

"wow, that's a really great question! i think id be a sugar cookie because all my friends tell me how sweet i am. hahaha!!" and then the interviewer would fake laugh along w/ her like she just heard a fabulous joke and theyd share this fake moment together that neither one of them wanted to share in the first place. it was painful watching people act that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to think that I would triumphantly say something about how dumb the question is, and march right out of there. In reality I would just say some stupid cookie thing and get it over with.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I am the kind of cookie that will someday be your boss and fire you for hiring people based on what kind of cookie they think they are."
Old 07-20-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ive been to one group interview before. it was a horrid experience and once it was over, i immediately left knowing i didnt want the job.

the two people running the interview were looking only for personality and had no interest in skill sets. one of the questions was "if you were a cookie, what kind of cookie would you be and why?" the group of 20 of us went around and answered the question to the group. im wincing as i write this remembering the experience. that was the dumbest interview question by a landslide that ive ever been asked.

in addition to personality, what you describe as some activity they may be looking at how you work w/ others and your leadership skills.

[/ QUOTE ]
Were you interviewing for the role of Harry Carey on SNL?
Old 07-22-2007, 01:30 AM

bring condoms