Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: 15/30 live

I thought I was against a straight, and for some reason that was the only hand in his range I could think of. Obv, he's betting any ace on the river. I thought raising the turn wasn't so bad, given the drawy nature of the board.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:07 PM

I think alot of you saying to just call the river wouldnt be saying that if OP didnt post results.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think alot of you saying to just call the river wouldnt be saying that if OP didnt post results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually did not realize that results were posted until I read your post. I think that as played a river raise is a huge mistake. You need to think beyond "I have three aces, I should raise."
Old 07-17-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually did not realize that results were posted until I read your post. I think that as played a river raise is a huge mistake. You need to think beyond "I have three aces, I should raise."

[/ QUOTE ]
That's because a lot of posters will only put an opponent on hands that they can beat. Raising the river is pure spewage.
I'm also not in love with the pre-flop play, especially against monkeys who will call two cold if their cards are the same color.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's because a lot of posters will only put an opponent on hands that they can beat. Raising the river is pure spewage.
I'm also not in love with the pre-flop play, especially against monkeys who will call two cold if their cards are the same color.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is fine, especially with a tight player in the big blind.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:41 PM

When I make that flop C-bet I know I'm going to get raised by even a moderatly aggressive player like 90% of the time yet I keep making them. If by some miracle I'm up agaisnt Joe passive what do we do on a turn brick? I know it's almost always correct to C-Bet HU, but in a 3-handed pot is this one of those boards that we know likely hit two CC'ers and we should forgo the C-bet?
Old 07-17-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising the turn is bad because getting 3-bet is terrible and a good chunk of villain's range with the number of 2 pairs that are now in villain's hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are more draws than there are 2 pairs, plus sometimes you get 3b by a draw or by a worse hand who thinks you are semi-bluffing.

I think that unless this guy will 3 barrell any missed draw that you give up alot of value by not raising the turn. This is just a guess without counting any combos though.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raising the turn is bad because getting 3-bet is terrible and a good chunk of villain's range with the number of 2 pairs that are now in villain's hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are more draws than there are 2 pairs, plus sometimes you get 3b by a draw or by a worse hand who thinks you are semi-bluffing.

I think that unless this guy will 3 barrell any missed draw that you give up alot of value by not raising the turn. This is just a guess without counting any combos though.

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize this hand was played live right? you will very rarely get three bet from a draw live, or by any hand worse than A8 for that matter. i think a lot of the posts aren't taking this into account.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you realize this hand was played live right? you will very rarely get three bet from a draw live, or by any hand worse than A8 for that matter. i think a lot of the posts aren't taking this into account.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, thats why i said sometimes. my argument was not really hinging on the possibility though.

in fact, if this guy is TAG by live standards only, i think that is an argument for raising the turn and folding to a 3bet (you could fold the riv UI if you thought your 2pair outs were live).
Old 07-18-2007, 01:17 AM

i dont think u'd get 3 bet on the turn that often... the board is very dangerous for AQ... however, he might donk the river so u cant really buy a free show down..