Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Amazon Package Delivery problem...(cliffs at bottom)

[ QUOTE ]
I had this happen to me once. The package wasn't worth much though and I got tired of trying to find it. About a year later after I had moved it showed up at my forwarding address. I'm assuming it had been sitting in the office the entire time.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few years ago when i was in an large apt. complex i had to go in the room on three different occasions and find the package myself. On each occasion someone got sloppy and put it in the wrong place and their brain couldn't process past "not on shelf x position y where package for unit u should be so we don't have it".
Old 07-05-2007, 02:56 PM

Just go in there with the delivery confirmation and their package slip and bang your shoe on the table until they find it or give you $40. You have basically iron-clad proof that they received the package. Don't let them weasel out of it by being stupid and clueless.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had this happen to me once. The package wasn't worth much though and I got tired of trying to find it. About a year later after I had moved it showed up at my forwarding address. I'm assuming it had been sitting in the office the entire time.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few years ago when i was in an large apt. complex i had to go in the room on three different occasions and find the package myself. On each occasion someone got sloppy and put it in the wrong place and their brain couldn't process past "not on shelf x position y where package for unit u should be so we don't have it".

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think this is the case. Note will be placed in my box after work and nagging will start tomorrow evening (after mail-person has had time to see it).

thanks for the responses...I will update tomorrow evening.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:32 PM

Just ask if you can take a minute to look for it yourself in the room they keep the packages in. I Guarantee you will find it within 30 seconds.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:41 PM

Contact your local postmaster. They take mail theft VERY seriously and have their own investigative branch. I expect your complex managers to suddenly become a lot more helpful once words like "felony" start getting thrown around.

Your mailman must have given the package to somebody. If the package was given to the wrong tenant it must have been somebody in the office. There's a trail of possession here that shouldn't be too hard to follow.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Contact your local postmaster. They take mail theft VERY seriously and have their own investigative branch. I expect your complex managers to suddenly become a lot more helpful once words like "felony" start getting thrown around.

Your mailman must have given the package to somebody. If the package was given to the wrong tenant it must have been somebody in the office. There's a trail of possession here that shouldn't be too hard to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-06-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think this is the case. Note will be placed in my box after work and nagging will start tomorrow evening (after mail-person has had time to see it).

[/ QUOTE ]

package has been recovered. It was mislabeled by a new employee in the leasing office and has been sitting in the back room since Saturday afternoon.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

package has been recovered. It was mislabeled by a new employee in the leasing office and has been sitting in the back room since Saturday afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

CRISIS AVERTED
Old 07-06-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I declare victory.

"there is a 3rd. The package is in the room and she's too dumb to find it. "
Old 07-07-2007, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I declare victory.

"there is a 3rd. The package is in the room and she's too dumb to find it. "

[/ QUOTE ]

leasing office employee.