Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: don\'t know where i\'m at

Is that really what you want in this spot though? To play (probably) a 3-way pot with T997 where the button is going to be peeling a lot of flops against you and not giving you credit for a hand. It seems like you're going to be put in a lot of difficult spots when you hit anything but 86x or 9xx on the flop. And even if you do hit, it's going to be easy for the button or CO to peel behind and then try to bet you off a wrap on the turn or represent the draws when they come too.

If we're in the CO with a limper in front here, it's an easy raise, but I'm not sold on an open-raise being anything more than a stylistic choice here. I wouldn't try to "correct" someone who did choose to raise this spot, but I'd limp it more often than not myself.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:22 PM

Okay, so getting it in here is good. In the actual hand i was real worried about a strait with a bigger flush draw which would have me in pretty bad shape but i figured it was just as likely villain had a naked strait. Obviously this hand would be easier to play with a bigger flush draw.

Anyway, against most villains ranges my EV is probably ~50% when i lead out and get it in here which is fine (since i also have some folding equity on my initial bet).

As for the preflop debate I fall into the iggy camp and raise almost no hands in this position. I'm just not comfortable out of position and would rather keep pots small in general. I'm sure over time if i play allot of Omaha my view on this might change as i get more comfortable putting villains on hands. When i started playing holdem i was a 'tight is right' kind of guy but now i'm a total lag.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(want to know how I know villain has Js 8c Td 4d ? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

your the villain or most likely clicked on the "alculate the odds for this hand" link on pokerhand.org where it tells you what the villain had..

Results:
Omaha Hi: 820 enumerated boards containing Kc Qc 9d
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
9s 9c 7c Th 518 63.17 266 32.44 36 4.39 0.654
Js 8c Td 4d 266 32.44 518 63.17 36 4.39 0.346
Old 07-05-2007, 02:39 PM

I put it into ProPokerTools.

link

Vs a random JTxx hand you're 59:41. The trouble is, people tend not to play random JT hands and you're probably in worse shape than that, especially given the action.