Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Prediction: Swings will be crazy at the speeds

No, there are enough sharks trying to earn VPPs as it is over there. Why do you think durron, bluefeet, HesseJam are jumping ship? They're smarter than me, that's why.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:47 PM

The reason that calling ranges have widened is because most players have not made the adjustment of xBB raise as it relates to starting stack sizes.

Thus, a 3x BB raise in level 2 equates to 180 chips. Inconsequential to the stack sizes at that point, thus more callers.

"McFloatingRaise" combats this and will be effective for some time until good players adjust.

Simply put, raise 6x BB in early levels in position, lower to 5x as the blinds increase, 4x in mid-game etc. as the stack sizes dictate (or your own personal variation).

Think in terms of % of x player stack instead of BBs at this point and you will be ahead of the game (for a while).

Bonus. You'll have a lot more chips than most and there will be fewer players at the table when you do reach 3x BB "push any two".

Just MHO. But keep it to yourself. It's a secret.

SlackerMcFloatingBB
Old 02-22-2006, 10:48 PM

6BB?
Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6BB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect example! Oh My God! Raise 6x BB? Are you nuts???

Regular 800 or 1000 chippers freak at the humongous bet you just made and fold or do something other than play correctly. The percentages are the same, but the bet looks ginormous.

Figure it out.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:54 PM

I play $60 PS 1500 chippers. I would be the only player raising 6BB standard on that site. Not saying it's wrong, but definitely worth a '?'. Why throw so much out there to win so little?

Unless you're just messing around and I fell into the trap. Bad suzzer. Bad.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bonus. You'll have a lot more chips than most and there will be fewer players at the table when you do reach 3x BB "push any two".

[/ QUOTE ]

How? There aren't enough opportunities early to get chips. At 200/400, and 300/600 things are just crazy.

SlackerMcFloatingBB

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-22-2006, 10:57 PM

Suzzer bad, but not for this reason. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I was talking about the Speed tourneys on Party. Disaster lurks doing this on Stars and one shouldn't try this at home w/out a net or a bankroll.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, there are enough sharks trying to earn VPPs as it is over there. Why do you think durron, bluefeet, HesseJam are jumping ship? They're smarter than me, that's why.

[/ QUOTE ]

just joking around...relax. your post had a tone of desperate pleading to it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2006, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just joking around...relax. your post had a tone of desperate pleading to it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Here does this help? - [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2006, 11:05 PM

I'm running really well at the speed $11s (80% ROI). While I know this can't continue forever, it seems the fish haven't made the adjustment and it can be very profitable.

I've been utterly amazed at the number of 3 or 4-way allins, pushing with bottom pair, etc. The other factor which I think can positively impact ROI is heads-up being more deep stacked, even at the speed tourneys.