Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: help w/ my line from 200PLO

I agree with everything Gabe has said about bet sizing.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think check/calling is significantly worse than bet/folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, check calling allows you to see the turn for the same price as a bet giving you some outs instead of none if the other guy likes his hand. Plus it induces bluffs.
Heads up this is an easy check call as you have a hand you want to see the river before committing money to. Three handed you should be folding this, but not heads up.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, check calling allows you to see the turn for the same price as a bet giving you some outs instead of none if the other guy likes his hand. Plus it induces bluffs.
Heads up this is an easy check call as you have a hand you want to see the river before committing money to. Three handed you should be folding this, but not heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you check call your going to end up committing more money to this hand then you want to, regardless of what comes on the turn. Your hand isn't strong enough to induce bluffs. Also, what strong hand would you ever c/c with on this flop?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you check call your going to end up committing more money to this hand then you want to, regardless of what comes on the turn. Your hand isn't strong enough to induce bluffs. Also, what strong hand would you ever c/c with on this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a 5 handed game, flopping 2 pair heads up is feltable depending on the texture of the board. This is a hand where you want to see certain obvious draws miss before committing. I certainly would in a shorthanded game call down with a flopped 2 pair if the straights and flushes don't get there.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:33 PM

Are we talking about the same hand?

This isn't heads up to the flop, it's 3-ways. Also, the texture of this board is horrible. There are very, very few opponents against whom I would be willing to felt on this board.

Also, if you ARE willing to felt for some odd reason you should do so by betting and raising. You don't only have to worry about the draws but also a higher 2pr and sets. Basically you're hoping for a black 6 to fall.

There is definitely a place for check calling down against over aggro opponents. I have called down successfully with as little as middle pair in the right situation. The texture of the board and your opponents tendancies should be the primary consideration, not the strength of your hand.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:03 AM

Nobody bets less than pot on the flop with KT+ so c-betting less than pot is not very optimal.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:01 AM

ship it holla
Old 06-29-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I always c/b for less than full pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i find this a great play for all the reasons stated. about 2/3 - 3/4 is perfect for these bets whether you have hit or not, its a very underused play
Old 06-29-2007, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody bets less than pot on the flop with KT+ so c-betting less than pot is not very optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

KT or a set is fine for betting half the pot for that very reason, players often see it as weakness and raise you up with flush draws. Half pot bets are very effective in games with aggressive players.