Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2006, 02:34 PM

Default Re: FWIW - got my camera, and screamed at Party until they gave me cas

This just in, the PPM cruise will now involve a floatilla of craft instead of the MS Westerdam. One of the new 'individual cruisers' is pictured below:
Old 02-22-2006, 02:37 PM

I understand what you're saying, but here's the thing - they do *not* pay your rent. *You* pay your rent. They take a piece of every single bet you make, and every bet you make is a risk you are taking with your ability to pay the rent.

I'm a profitable player - albeit not at big stakes, but I do make money playing cards that I use as a secondary form of income. I have *never* gotten "paid to play a game." I have *made money* playing the game (through my own hard work and risk). Maybe if I made vastly larger amounts of money I would lose sight of the fact that Party does not pay me, my work pays me. As it is, this is still clear in my mind and I think it's valid to remind them of that fact.

And beyond that, I also think that you're vastly overestimating the amount of time I invested in this. Ripping off an e-mail takes *maybe* 60 seconds.

-bb.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:39 PM

I tend to agree with you.

I'm in the "I don't hate party camp" as well actually...although I do have quite a few complaints about their site.

I left because I am currently better off playing elsewhere. I will have no qualms about coming back if I feel it is in my best interests to do so. But one way for them to improve their chances of getting me to return would be for them to straighten out many of their issues and problems.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:01 PM

<<<These threads just make me tired. I like Party.>>

I agree with this. I like party too. My family and I have been able to accomplish quite a lot with winnings from Party Poker over the last couple of months. I like the games, I like the bonuses, and I LOVE the player base.

All that being said, I believe I have a legit gripe concerning the "portable" DVD player that was promised from the scratch-off promotion. They have failed to deliver what was promised, and I fully expect them to make this issue right sometime in the near future. The product that was delivered was VASTLY different than a portable DVD player. This is wrong and should be fixed. I don't see anything wrong with asking them to fulfill their responsibilities in this matter.

Les
Old 02-22-2006, 03:14 PM

I get all that. But it was free. It was free. It was free.

I'm not saying you should not have gotten — or should not get, as the case may be — the "promised" prize. But really, it was a free promotion. Party could have given you $5.

I just think much time is wasted and much blood pressure driven up by people trying to max out the free [censored] from a company that is operating a very complex platform and has a lot to worry about. The gripes of a few low limit grinders are probably the least of their worries, even when "few" = 1,000+.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:34 PM

<<<I'm not saying you should not have gotten — or should not get, as the case may be — the "promised" prize. But really, it was a free promotion. Party could have given you $5.>>>

I actually did win $5 a couple of times on this promtion, and I was paid as promised.

Surely you aren't contending I should just ignore the fact they failed to live up to what was promised with the "portable" DVD player, right?

Les
Old 02-22-2006, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Surely you aren't contending I should just ignore the fact they failed to live up to what was promised with the "portable" DVD player, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. Because on the one hand, I am. And on the other hand, you're right, that doesn't make sense.

I dunno. I guess I'm just one of a few players who (a) reads this forum; (b) likes Party; (c) is sick of people whining about the platform.

I mean, it seems so simple: if the sum total of all the grievances and problems is worse than what you'd deal with at another site, the go elsewhere. But it doesn't work that way -- people bitch and moan and stay. It makes no sense.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I dunno. I guess I'm just one of a few players who (a) reads this forum; (b) likes Party; (c) is sick of people whining about the platform.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I think a lot of people on the site like party but the people who bitch are just the most vocal.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:17 PM

I think it's pretty stupid on their part to say they would give you one thing an give you something different, and I can see why you're annoyed, but it was a promotional giveaway. It's not like you paid them for it (not even VIP points). If you had given them money (or even VIP points, and gotten something different from what you ordered, you'd have cause to be really angry.

Basides, all I got from the scratch-off was $5.00. I'm kind of surprised they didn't give me that in Canadian money.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not like you paid them for it (not even VIP points). If you had given them money (or even VIP points, and gotten something different from what you ordered, you'd have cause to be really angry.

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole line of reasoning that this stuff is 'all free anyways' is incorrect. This stuff was not free at all.

In order to qualify for a scratchcard, players had to earn a certain number of points each day, and this meant playing poker, and paying rake.

Party most certainly WAS paid something to run this promo and they failed to deliver as promised.

At least in principle, this is no different than a lottery company saying it will award a $10,000,000 prize, selling $15,000,000 in tickets because of the big jackpot claims, and then arbitrarily deciding that it is gonna award a much smaller jackpot instead.

Obviously the scale involved here is much different but collectively these items have been paid for in full and should be delivered as promised.