Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: OT/BBV: Balancing Poker and Life

[ QUOTE ]
I am also struggling with poor results recently but I think my struggles have more to do with the changes that have taken place on-line than with becoming a dad. It's just tougher to achieve good results all around for everybody now, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you are 100% correct.

This fact makes taking the time to study and fine tune our games even more important. Our margin for error is much smaller than before. It seems that if I make a small mistake (calling too loose, pushing too wide, missing a +EV shove, etc) I really pay for it. It appears this is happening to you as well.

I also like when you said "a fun diversion for me now rather than a priority". For a little while until I get a better handle on things I need to approach it the same way.

Oh and congratulations on being a father! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
If you have any pictures I'd love to see them
Old 06-22-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any idea who the father is???

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!
Old 06-22-2007, 03:12 PM

your values are in conflict with each other. I think you decided that your son is more important than devoting lots of time to poker, so this is a big step in the right direction of making you happy.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:25 PM

Kev

The fact that you made this post means you know what is most important.

Trying to do both to 100% is impossible, so do both to your best and have fun will doing both. If you cannot do both then you already know which one you have to park.

Ger

PS Kids really make you understand what is important in life.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:40 PM

Kev,

I can't believe youre trying to show me up with pictures of your cute baby! I'M THE CUTE ONE [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

seriously though, this is a blessing beyond your son. I firmly believe it is at the crossroads of balancing acts and juggling schedules and priorities where a man truly finds his place in this world, and I think your real adult journey began with the birth of your son and will keep going and modify as time goes by. Just as in poker, the priorities, time devotions, schedules and plans will be ever changing, but your poker experience will help you switch gears through life. I hope we still keep in touch and see each other around the forums, and the best wishes always. You know you can always come to me for any favors/bad beat talk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your values are in conflict with each other. I think you decided that your son is more important than devoting lots of time to poker, so this is a big step in the direction of making you POOR .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

<font color="red"> Any smuck can raise a baby, in fact many dumb blondes raise them in various colors white, red, brown, black and such. If you really have the capacity to earn serious money playing poker tell the mom that this is a sacrifice she has to make now for the baby's future and concentrate on your game. She can change diapers, your kid will never know who did it but he will certainly know who to look to for tuition and bail money.</font>
Old 06-22-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I can't believe youre trying to show me up with pictures of your cute baby! I'M THE CUTE ONE [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I've been told he looks just like his dad! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I hope we still keep in touch and see each other around the forums :

[/ QUOTE ]

Alex, I'm not going anywhere until I see your trip reports (w/ pics) from Vegas! Complete w/ prop bet <font color="red">profits </font>, cash games <font color="blue">profits </font> and Strippa <font color="brown">profits </font>!
Old 06-22-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I've been told he looks just like his dad! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I hope we still keep in touch and see each other around the forums :

[/ QUOTE ]

Alex, I'm not going anywhere until I see your trip reports (w/ pics) from Vegas! Complete w/ prop bet <font color="red">profits </font>, cash games <font color="blue">profits </font> and Strippa <font color="brown">profits </font>!

[/ QUOTE ]

holla!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your values are in conflict with each other. I think you decided that your son is more important than devoting lots of time to poker, so this is a big step in the direction of making you POOR .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

<font color="red"> Any smuck can raise a baby, in fact many dumb blondes raise them in various colors white, red, brown, black and such. If you really have the capacity to earn serious money playing poker tell the mom that this is a sacrifice she has to make now for the baby's future and concentrate on your game. She can change diapers, your kid will never know who did it but he will certainly know who to look to for tuition and bail money.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

plz tell me this is a joke? otherwise stfu up. you ahve no idea what you are talking about. If this is the attitude you have you should never have a baby...ever. That is a bunch of [censored].
Old 06-22-2007, 05:46 PM

ps. cute kid kev!