Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Do I call this?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Its a truly horrific pushing range, its very unsound, but its simply true that a lot of live players have it programmed that they should just push Any pair, Any Ace, and all Broadway JTo+ Thats a 27.2% range in pstove, and it is not at all a good practice...

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with you on this being necessarily horrific ... depending on position, stacks, blinds and antes it can be an exceptionally profitable range when you consider fold equity

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing A2o or 33 or 44 from UTG is pretty unsound no matter how you slice it. Players that refuse to adjust their pushing and calling ranges based on position and tightness/looseness of players at the table are playing an unsound game of poker is my point. Yes its true that this range coincides nicely with say appropriate pushing range from hijack at a moderately loose table with an M of 8, and though its not perfect its close.... my point is that its horrific to just use it as a standard template of "always push these when my stack gets low" and that there are a TON of players that do just about this.... and as a result, calling with AJo or ATo from a very short stackers push is likely to be correct.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Do I call this?

This seems like a very easy call. Guy is the shortest at the table, he's got M<5, he's got the blinds about to go through him - he's shoving anything pretty. There's no reasonable range that you can come up with that makes this a fold.

Moreover, winning wraps up fourth, gives you the clear CL four handed and losing is not a disaster. Short-handed FT spots better than this are fairly rare so seize them.