Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: education and AC

[ QUOTE ]
When was the last time anyone profited from giving to charity?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh I see what you meant.

I meant profit in the bbv sense of the word I guess. The kid and society "profits" from the kid going to a foster home and getting charity.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:34 PM

How many crackheads have ruined their kids lives under statehood? How much has the state given to these crackheads to subsidize their ruining of their childrens lives, contributing to multi generational crackhead-ruined children cycles? A billion? Are we any closter to ridding this problem from our society?

The state subsidizes the destruction of children's lives.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:02 PM

Hopefully some charity helps the kid out.

If not, that sucks.

ACism isn't utopia, it's just better then the alternatives. Decades of statism and intervention haven't solved the crack mother problem either.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:18 PM

Charity would take care of it. I mean... you'd give to the charities that took care of this kind of stuff, right? I mean... you don't hate children, do you?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Charity would take care of it. I mean... you'd give to the charities that took care of this kind of stuff, right? I mean... you don't hate children, do you?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the thing... not many of the people who push for these sorts of things to be taken care of by government would actually make such donations on their own in a voluntary society. Why else would they feel so strongly that they must force others to do it?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the thing... not many of the people who push for these sorts of things to be taken care of by government would actually make such donations on their own in a voluntary society. Why else would they feel so strongly that they must force others to do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that exactly the reason, they know we won't do it on our own so they hope through force they'll accomplish the goal. I'm not saying I agree with that idea, but isn't that the idea.

Cody
Old 06-13-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that exactly the reason, they know we won't do it on our own so they hope through force they'll accomplish the goal. I'm not saying I agree with that idea, but isn't that the idea.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]
It probably is, but you won't hear anyone admit it.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see force as needed. A charity organization could create pledges for those concerned about the issue. Like say handing out pledges that say "I'll donate $X if Y amount of people also agree to do so" or "I'll give $X for every Y amount of people that also pledge to do so". Sure then there might be free riders, but I don't see why people who don't want to donate to a charity should be forced to.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:09 PM

"For every 1,000 people that join this facebook group I will donate $Y to X cause."
Old 06-13-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see force as needed. A charity organization could create pledges for those concerned about the issue. Like say handing out pledges that say "I'll donate $X if Y amount of people also agree to do so" or "I'll give $X for every Y amount of people that also pledge to do so". Sure then there might be free riders, but I don't see why people who don't want to donate to a charity should be forced to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I never stated an opinion, so I'm guessing you just wanted to copy the above to add context.

In any case, no people shouldn't be and aren't forced to give to charities for public schooling.

Cody