Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: [.25/.50] QTs preflop

with 3players in depending on type it probably right at the line to raise (so raise or limp along both have possibilities)

after SB 3balls and with that many in the pot I'll cap this ... I'll raise if I just called the first time around

sb wont be able to lead out so we'll be able to use what little position we have
Old 06-07-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

We've already invested too much money with a potentially dominated hand

[/ QUOTE ]

A revelation I had on domination...

I know you are saying this with respect to the 3-bet, but I really don't think you should be too concerned about being dominated by a field of limpers when you hold QT. If they don't raise them, you are dominated only by AT/KT and QJ.

AQ/KQ are almost always raising, AT raises a lot. You dominate JT/T9/Q9 which are more likely limping hands than AQ/KQ/AT (QJ is a bit scarier). I think you only need to worry about domination when there is a raise infront of you, in which case you will probably be folding.

Lets not forget that we play better post flop than our opponents who we have position on and potentially better position after we raise.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:13 PM

it seems to me that if you like a raise, you should like a cap. no one is going to fold, so if we have an equity edge, we should exploit it and raise again. being dominated doesn't really bother me because most of the strength of our hand comes from hitting the board hard anyway -- especially in a giant multiway pot.

edit because i forgot to say: the spurious nature of sb's short-stacked raise is sort of like free money, which makes me like capping more in this situation (again, given the initial pfr).
Old 06-07-2007, 11:19 PM

I don't think you should cap just because you raised. You don't know that SB is going to 3-bet at the time you raise.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:20 PM

this is like one of these posts where 117 people limp and it's technically correct to raise 98s but not super useful [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

we're not in great position and could be pretty easily dominated. let's take a flop before we go to war.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 PM

snitch i edited to at least partially address that.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:24 PM

we're not in great position and could be pretty easily dominated. let's take a flop before we go to war.

yup BBB
Old 06-07-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is like one of these posts where 117 people limp and it's technically correct to raise 98s but not super useful [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely.
When did it become fashion to ignore the dry fact of domination in a multiway pot to raise hands like KJo or QTs in middle position?
Old 06-07-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd limp preflop the first time

[/ QUOTE ]

To encourage overlimpers or because you don't think you have the equity to raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

These kind of go hand in hand. I would only raise if the limpers were big fish.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I frequently raise 98s in exactly those sort of situations otb.

[ QUOTE ]
When did it become fashion to ignore the dry fact of domination in a multiway pot to raise hands like KJo or QTs in middle position?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this sort of stuff is "the norm" in here, which is part of the reason I posted it.