Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2006, 02:51 AM

Default Re: I need to vent...or quit playing poker. (long whine)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I lose to probly 200 1-or 2 outers a WEEK. Get used to it or go pick up some applications

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... All your advice goes down the drain after saying something like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that? Elaborate
Old 02-21-2006, 03:00 AM

hey, arent you the guy from this "I got hacked" thread who couldnt prove anything and was using softwared banned by Party? Dexter's thread

[ QUOTE ]
Did you say you played 2 hands in 2 hours with a table full of fish??

HMMM.. THats problem 1..

[/ QUOTE ] listen, smartass...when you figure out how to make 62o, J4o, and Q6o +EV hands, lemme know. also, when you figure out how to get the dealer to stop giving me that crap to play with I'd like a PM sent my way.

[ QUOTE ]
You say you arent results oriented but you say that 1 hands almost got you to quit??

thats problem 2.

[/ QUOTE ] purely frustration at this downswing, you know it just like everyone else who read this post does. perhaps you could try reading the end of the post where I'm going to keep doing the right things.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you definitely arent cut out for this gig and you should save your money.

I lose to probly 200 1-or 2 outers a WEEK. Get used to it or go pick up some applications

[/ QUOTE ] you sir, the same guy who needs cheating software to win, are not the one to be giving advice. I know poker's a pain in the ass, I've been playing recreationally for a long time. shut up. really.

I'd also like to thank Mempho for his kind words...really appreciated it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2006, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey, arent you the guy from this "I got hacked" thread who couldnt prove anything and was using softwared banned by Party? Dexter's thread

[ QUOTE ]
Did you say you played 2 hands in 2 hours with a table full of fish??

HMMM.. THats problem 1..

[/ QUOTE ] listen, smartass...when you figure out how to make 62o, J4o, and Q6o +EV hands, lemme know. also, when you figure out how to get the dealer to stop giving me that crap to play with I'd like a PM sent my way.

[ QUOTE ]
You say you arent results oriented but you say that 1 hands almost got you to quit??

thats problem 2.

[/ QUOTE ] purely frustration at this downswing, you know it just like everyone else who read this post does. perhaps you could try reading the end of the post where I'm going to keep doing the right things.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you definitely arent cut out for this gig and you should save your money.

[/ QUOTE ] you sir, the same guy who needs cheating software to win, are not the one to be giving advice. I know poker's a pain in the ass, I've been playing recreationally for a long time. shut up. really.

I'd also like to thank Mempho for his kind words...really appreciated it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No possible way to get 2 playable hands in 2 hours.. especially not with a table of fish..

Thanks
Old 02-21-2006, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe this but I'm too tired to do any math.

[/ QUOTE ]

6-8 tables 8 0r so hours a day.. Feel free, its actually pretty conservative

[/ QUOTE ]

impossible to figure out unless you had the hole cams. You'd need to know all the other players cards + the burn cards etc. That estimate seems too high, almost regardless of how many hands you play in a week, 6-8 tabling.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe this but I'm too tired to do any math.

[/ QUOTE ]

6-8 tables 8 0r so hours a day.. Feel free, its actually pretty conservative

[/ QUOTE ]

impossible to figure out unless you had the hole cams. You'd need to know all the other players cards + the burn cards etc. That estimate seems too high, almost regardless of how many hands you play in a week, 6-8 tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Down and dirty estimate: For full ring, 7 tabling, let's estimate 70 hands/ table or about 500 hands per hour, 56 hours/ week. That's an insane number of hands: 28k.

If you play about 30% of your hands, that means you're actually seeing around 9k flops. You should be going to showdown somewhere around 1/3 of the time, or 3k. A good player should win at least 1/2 of the showdowns, leaving less than 1500 hands lost at showdown. Most of those will be hands where you were either behind the whole time (e.g., on a flush draw with nothing else) or your opponent hit a >2 outer (e.g., on a flush draw). Very generously, we might say that 20% of the time Villain is sticking around with only 1-2 outs. That leaves 300 hands, of which Villain will hit his 1-2 outer between 6-12 times.

So yeah, you're full of it.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:24 AM

If you want to be cuddled and have people tell you what you want to hear, then please just ask for that.. I am a winning player and have been for years. I am telling you the truth..Sorry if you dont like it

You played 2 hands in 2 hours?? What does that equate to 2% vpip?

Just go broke with your style of play and come back and ask for more sympathy or take winning players advice.

Cry and whine and go broke or realize what you are doing wrong and correct it.. Doesnt really matter to me, I was trying to help
Old 02-21-2006, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that? Elaborate

[/ QUOTE ]
Because you're obviously pulling this [censored] out of your ass.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that? Elaborate

[/ QUOTE ]
Because you're obviously pulling this [censored] out of your ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok you are right, I have such a huge incentive to make somethign like this up so I can see why you would think that.

I get paid to come on here and make stuff up, please forgive me.

Anyone that plays 30k hands or more a week will have similiar findings..

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:57 AM

Ive lost to 6 3 outers since I posted this.. I believe my estimate was actually low... Thanks
Old 02-21-2006, 04:00 AM

Ah! I finally got it! It's like Darth Vader from Star Wars, only instead of Vader it's Poker. You see? Where you would normally say Vader, which is the name of one of the characters in that movie, you replace that with Poker - the card game. You see how it works? Instead of Darth Vader, it's Darth Poker, it's like the same, only flipped around and made all crazy.

/mc