Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: NL 10 QTo Line check

[ QUOTE ]
6.5 - 1 + implied odds dont justify a call preflop ?
When I call preflop I should not play TPnK like in this hand, but away from this hand calling preflop with 6.5-1 odds and several oppents is not good enough for QTo to play ?
Would that mean that the complete in the first place (9-1 odds) is bad too, or would you say 9-1 is enough ?

Or is it the fact that in a raised pot there is very less chance to pick up a freecard and b/c the pot is allready that big all further betting will be more expensive

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a multiway pot, so getting great pot odds against multiple oponents is meaningless. Plus your implied odds are mostly negative.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: NL 10 QTo Line check

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: Now I have toppair and I want to know where I stand cheaply. I thought about Betting and C/R, but I think my donk is the better way b/c it does not blow the pot as much as a C/R would.

Turn: wow I got only called by one, this is a good sign but im not certain if I'm ahead or behind ... I want to see what villain is going to do if I check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you didn't find out where you stood/stand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would check this flop since you are completely OOP. If you check the flop you essentially create position with the preflop raiser to your left. You can then see who bets and figure out where you want to go.

As played, I think the turn and river are fine.