Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Good idea?
Yes 19 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: STT homegame: flopped nutflush...

As for the preflop fold:

when i hit a second ace without pairing the 5 and no pair on the board i would typically fold.
the tournament was turbo, so i needed to get hold of cheap chips in the beginning.
on the other side, weak aces are weak aces i called only because of the matching suits. i would probably have folded/check-folded the hand on this table if i didnt hit the flush.

----

My plan for the hand was to call the bet and raise/re-raise on the turn.

So i called the 60 bet and the turn showed:
Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

utg raised 600, so i put him on Trips or two Pair.
co called the raise, so i put him on a similar hand.
as i was definitely holding the nuts at the time, i decided to move all-in since i really did not want to see the river and to get my opponents to fold as the pot was alreay big enough for my taste and the risk considering the board was small. If any of the two would hit a straight on the turn, he would move all-in before me.

after my move for the pot, utg thinks for longer than a minute and calls.
co thinks some seconds, expects utg to bluff or to hit top-pair and calls too.

I showed my A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
utg almost mucked his cards
co showed J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

the dealer proceeds to show the river and it was a shocking 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] as utg was about to muck his cards and a second after touching the felt faced-down, he quickly turned them over and showed T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to us.

so i lost almost all my chips to the full house, still winning the sidepot from the co's two-pair.

I wonder if utg would have folded his trip-tens if i would have reraised less than the size of the pot after the flop but i think there was still a chance...
Old 06-05-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would probably have folded/check-folded the hand on this table if i didnt hit the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're like 100-1 to hit ur flush. Do you think, on average, you can win the 6000 chips you need to make playing for flush value profitable?
Old 06-05-2007, 12:24 PM

agree all around....fold pf....start building a pot
Old 06-05-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would probably have folded/check-folded the hand on this table if i didnt hit the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're like 100-1 to hit ur flush. Do you think, on average, you can win the 6000 chips you need to make playing for flush value profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

see, at the time the table was really weak/loose and the tight/aggressive player folded in the sb, as i expected him to do unless he was on a big pair. so i loosened up too but hesitated to raise after the flop, i didnt really want utg or co to fold but this was a costly mistake.
(see above, i already posted the remaining play)

as for the outs on the turn calling my all-in, utg had some outs to call while the co did not have sufficent outs (any paired card on the board and a ten for utg, co had the chance of hitting another Q or J only) but both called because they believed to have the best hand.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop is meh

id raise the flop to like 220ish, get some money in there. the great thing about your hand strength here is that people hardly ever put you on a flopped flush and they will often draw to 2nd and 3rd nut flushes or even straights on a board like this and you can build a pot without a problem on the flop, especially where theyll also put the most money in with their 2 pair/set type hands (aka the flop)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I was on the other side of such a raise, got hurt really bad, didn't put the raiser on a nutflush, so i was left with 1/4 of my stack [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
I paid for that lesson but it is already been covered [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

br, darks