Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Probably a naive WSOP question..

7 star diamond members have a separate registration window.

But name players get special treatment at the WSOP. With the "valet full" sign out and the valet lot only 60% occupied, the valets told me that they sere saving the parking spaces for the baller players.

A guy also told me that someone registered for him, contrary to what the FAQ says.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Probably a naive WSOP question..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

aside from that, when I waited for 2 hrs on day 1, tj cloutier cut all the way in front of the line with no wait. he was accompanied by a floor manager.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not very surprised. But that really, really pisses me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet if you gambled the amounts that he does, you'd probably get the same treatment

[/ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily. You just gotta pull the right strings.

I was at the Borgata one night when lines were miles long. I had already been waiting for an hour for 10/20 and 20/40. No limit, forget it. In walks Edgerrin James with a buddy and a representative. His rep has a chat with the floor which happens to take place right next to me so I can overhear it all. Floor tells them they got a 2/5 NL game with two seats waiting for him and his buddy.

I almost got on the 2/5 list right then but chances are they'd be gone by the time I got a seat. And not because they went broke fast, necessarily.