Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 09:58 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Bluff the turn?

i'd check. if i raised the flop it'd be because I thought he had a draw a high % of the time and would call or fold to a raise. on turn one draw hit and another (axs) hit top pair and wont fold. I'd check and hope to check it down
Old 05-30-2007, 10:19 PM

best card to bet; IMO he can only call here with QT or Axcc. Bet $125. If he flatcalls, shut down on riv unless river is nonclub 9.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:20 AM

check, not to completely give up though. betting is a mistake. you can fold him off king crappy kicker on the river and Axss will bet that river so you save money against that hand, because that's never folding to a turn bet, and save money against QT. The only downside is 9t sees the river, but thats a slim downside. Also, a worst hand is never calling a turn bet so you aren't missing any value with this line either.

In short, any hands you fold now, you fold on nearly all river cards plus you save $ against ones that would call.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:25 AM

I tend to disagree that anyone if folding a hand like QK on a blank river if you check back this turn
Old 05-31-2007, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
check, not to completely give up though. betting is a mistake. you can fold him off king crappy kicker on the river and Axss will bet that river so you save money against that hand, because that's never folding to a turn bet, and save money against QT. The only downside is 9t sees the river, but thats a slim downside. Also, a worst hand is never calling a turn bet so you aren't missing any value with this line either.

In short, any hands you fold now, you fold on nearly all river cards plus you save $ against ones that would call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good points, but do you not think betting here looks way stronger than betting river? As above poster mentioned, KQ may call riv but fold to a bet here.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:43 AM

this lead is almost never KQ. Right now it's mostly a dumb king. Usually it's air/silly pp feeler bet/dumb king/draw. That's why i think you can do it.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

if youre just gonna copy my advice...why post? (btw you can never go wrong copying my advice)

[/ QUOTE ]

To make people think I know what I'm talking about? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I never saw your reply when I posted.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:45 PM

Ok, I saw this hand completely differently than everyone it seems. I made the flop raise and immediately regretted it and expected him to push over the top with a draw or made hand, and I can't call that. This is pretty lame, but after the hand I was convinced that folding the flop is best. I don't find that TAGs lead weak pairs too often; it's usually a draw or a big hand. I could be wrong though.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:17 PM

may be a small factor, but I'd make it more like $80 with the flop raise. I think psychologically $70 looks more like "you donk, i raise with ATC" whereas $80 does not. I guess $70 would be a good raise size then with a strong hand, but to keep with my overall gameplan, I like to keep my raise-the-flop-donk sizes consistent.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
may be a small factor, but I'd make it more like $80 with the flop raise. I think psychologically $70 looks more like "you donk, i raise with ATC" whereas $80 does not. I guess $70 would be a good raise size then with a strong hand, but to keep with my overall gameplan, I like to keep my raise-the-flop-donk sizes consistent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure what to do on the turn but I was thinking this too as I read OP