Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 11:57 AM

Default Re: What Makes Me a SNG Balla

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would argue that since I've spent >70% of my live sng winnings on strippers, booze, and watches that I'm a much bigger sng balla.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot believe that you wasted your money that way. On a side note, nobody is a "baller" unless they are making >200K/yr playing poker exclusively. Of course, if you live where I live, you'd need 350K/yr to consider yourself baller. There are probably only like 3-4 true ballers in all of STTF to be honest (if you exclude Irie and me of course since we both make huge bank away from poker).

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Balla status can be determined by the group you run with. Meaning, if you run with a bunch of college slackers, its easy to be a baller.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would argue that since I've spent >70% of my live sng winnings on strippers, booze, and watches that I'm a much bigger sng balla.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are probably only like 3-4 true ballers in all of STTF to be honest (if you exclude Irie and me of course since we both make huge bank away from poker).

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

This just isn't even close to true

[/ QUOTE ]

ok then enlighten me.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot believe that you wasted your money that way. On a side note, nobody is a "baller" unless they are making >200K/yr playing poker exclusively. Of course, if you live where I live, you'd need 350K/yr to consider yourself baller. There are probably only like 3-4 true ballers in all of STTF to be honest (if you exclude Irie and me of course since we both make huge bank away from poker).

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Balla status can be determined by the group you run with. Meaning, if you run with a bunch of college slackers, its easy to be a baller.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I thought baller came from the NBA idea of being a ball player with lots of cash. Baller to me means you drive a benz, live in a fancy neighborhood, and take nice vacations to the Caymans and Hawaii every year.

Oh wait, that definitely makes me a baller. LOL.

Indy
Old 05-29-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are probably only like 3-4 true ballers in all of STTF to be honest (if you exclude Irie and me of course since we both make huge bank away from poker).

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok then enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are we talking about SNG players, or people on the forum. If it's the later the number is closer to 20 (assuming the 200k landmark)
Old 05-29-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok then enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are we talking about SNG players, or people on the forum. If it's the later the number is closer to 20 (assuming the 200k landmark)

[/ QUOTE ]

There are more than 20 guys on STTF making >200K consistently from SNGs? Wow, are you sure about that? CONSISTENTLY?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:02 PM

can we limit the random posts of insignificance? this is absolutely pointless.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok then enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are more than 20 guys on STTF making >200K consistently from SNGs? Wow, are you sure about that? CONSISTENTLY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not from SNG's but people who post or have posted on the forum. From SNG's alone it's probably closer to 3-4. Unless Joey feels like being a nice guy and giving STTFERs an Aston for RB
Old 05-29-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok then enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not from SNG's but people who post or have posted on the forum. From SNG's alone it's probably closer to 3-4. Unless Joey feels like being a nice guy and giving STTFERs an Aston for RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well sure on the entire forum (all of 2+2) there's probably closer to 50. I mean I play 20 hours of poker/week and make around $50K/yr playing part time. This is mostly from cash games and HU SNGs on full tilt and stars. If there is somebody here making >200K then he's got to be a full-time poker player, busting his ass studying the game, and probably in the top 5% of IQs in the country. I'd say that most people on this forum do not fit all of these categories.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok then enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well sure on the entire forum (all of 2+2) there's probably closer to 50. I mean I play 20 hours of poker/week and make around $50K/yr playing part time. This is mostly from cash games and HU SNGs on full tilt and stars. If there is somebody here making >200K then he's got to be a full-time poker player, busting his ass studying the game, and probably in the top 5% of IQs in the country. I'd say that most people on this forum do not fit all of these categories.

Just my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough and what your saying seems to make sense in theory BUT I'm telling you for a fact I know 20ish STTFers who make close to or over 200k a year and not all of them are full time players. Dumb kids these days and their turbo luckboxes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. First off, the statement is just ridiculous. A lot of people on here are very young and don't need to be making $200K/year to be doing better than almost anyone their age that they know. Second off, you really think only 3-4 people on this forumn make more than $200K/year off poker? OK!
Closed Thread